From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Why I Switched (Back) to Android? – XDA Developer TV
If you’ve seen XDA Developer TV Producer Steve’s last couple of videos, than you know he’s been using Windows Phone. He reviewed an app for Windows Phone for Google Music called CloudMuzik, and then he reviewed an e-reader called Freda.
However, his satisfaction with Windows Phone has waned, and he is switching back to Android. Steve takes the time to explain why Windows Phone is not the operating system for him. He shares his frustration and quirks he experienced with Windows Phone. Check this video out.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Android Powered RC Car Updated, HTC One Toolkit Available, Nexus 7 Winner Announced! – XDA Developer TV
- What is the Big Deal with the SIM Unlocking Bill? – XDA Developer TV
- OPPO Find 5 Source Code Released, Sony Xperia Z Rooted – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Side Launcher Showdown! Sidebar vs. Glovebox – XDA Developer TV
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Windows Phone App Review: Sideload eBooks on Windows Phone with Freda – XDA Developer TV
- Simplifying Android Flashing and Deblurring Dodgy Photos – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...