April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not failed to keep us entertained. With a trove of fantastic faux product launches and even some real product launches that were taken as April Fools jokes, people have been busy releasing their hilarious ideas. With many of these jokes being nostalgic and some even being functional it's easy to appreciate the spirit behind them. Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge In a reference to the Galaxy...
Win a Galaxy S3, XDA at the Big Android BBQ, and Jelly Bean Updates and Leaks – XDA Developer TV
This has been another great week for the XDA Portal. XDA Developer TV Producer Jordan covers all the news you need to know to keep up to date on mobile phone developments. Jordan talks about the news of replacing S-Voice with Google Now on the Samsung Galaxy S III. Jordan mentions Boot to Gecko being available for Verizon and GSM Galaxy Nexuses—or is it Nexii? Jordan mentions XDA Developer TV videos for this week including: XDA Developer TV Producer Azrienoch’s discussion of the Amazon Kindle Fire Line Business strategy; XDA Elite Recognized Developer and XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutler’s Part 5 of How to Build an Android App; and XDA Developer TV Producer TK’s review of TeamViewer QuickSupport.
In Jelly Bean news, Jordan mentions the leaks for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1. Also, mentioned is the OTA Jelly Bean for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Finally, the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 will be getting Jelly Bean in October. And in Ice Cream Sandwich news, Jordan mentions AOSP release of ICS for the Thunderbolt and the AT&T Samsung Captivate Glide getting ICS from KIES. Lastly, Jordan mentions the XDA contest to win a Verizon Galaxy S III and XDA’s presence at Big Android BBQ. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Samsung Captivate Glide on AT&T Receiving Android 4.0.4 via KIES
- First AOSP ICS for Thunderbolt With Working Data Released
- Sprint Nexus Devices Finally Getting Jelly Bean Via OTA
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Gets Leaked Official Jelly Bean Update
- Jelly Bean Leak for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 to Get Jelly Bean in October
- Boot to Gecko Now Available for the Verizon and GSM Galaxy Nexus
- Completely Replace S-Voice with Google Now on Samsung Galaxy S III
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire Line Business Strategy – Good or Bad? – XDA Developer TV
- How to Build an Android App Part 5: Arduino ADK – Working with Digital Outputs – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- Win a Galaxy S3 from XDA
- XDA Will Be at the Big Android BBQ–Will You?
Check out Jordan’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are meant to fool people. This news is no joke though, as Google has pushed the shiny red button to send out over-the-air updates to supported devices. Well, sort of, as only a few of available Nexus devices got updates to Android 5.1. Here's a list of OTAs that can be downloaded and flashed by stock recoveries. You can find guides on how to revert...
Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays - the annual unveiling of HalfLife 3, and day on which co-workers believe it is appropriate to duct tape air horns behind doors. I speak, of course, about April Fools Day. As has become their custom, Google launched lighthearted "pranks" for each of their various services (with other tech sites and vendors following suit), and we have done our best to round up the humorous products and tweaks surfacing thus far....