Android 2.0.1 (Eclair) On HTC Devices
Posted April 4, 2010 at 12:43 pm by WenWM
Like many of our Android ports, this one is no different. This new port was created by the XDAndroid team. They managed to get a nearly perfect Android port, and this comes with support for not only one but almost all HTC’s new devices.
I have been using this on my HD and Touch Pro2 for the past two days, and I have some good things to say about it. The port works very well on all my devices, it’s fast, stable and beautiful. I have used many ports, but this is just about the best looking so far. It runs on a very simple but nice theme, filled with beautiful wallpapers and more.
Originally posted by TheBrilliantMistake
Many things are still not working properly, and the developers are fully aware of 99% of them.
- SDCard – Most SDCards are working, but if you the ‘waiting for SDCard’ message, you should try one of these fixes (and please let us know if it works)
Fix 1: Format your card with this tool http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/
Fix 2: Edit your startup.txt file and add these entries to your cmdline:
set cmdline “lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7×00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3
msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave“
Fix 3: Tell your wife / girlfriend that you are about to make some modifications to her phone… change the ringtone and steal her old Class 2 SD Card to use with Android. She will never discover what you have done, and if she does, you’ll be able to use Android to send texts to your former girlfriends
- Camera – Not working
- GPS – Not working
- Battery Status – Highly problematic for most users (don’t trust the capacity Android tells you, it’s simply up and down a lot, and highly inaccurate)
- WiFi – Working for most people, suspected to cause slight heat, definitely drains the battery faster than WinMo. Some users have reported freezes when switching WiFi off
- Audio – Speaker working for most people, microphone can have issues
- Deep Sleep – Working for most people, but can have issues waking up (sometimes, it will not wake up)
- GPRS – Working
- 3G – Working for most
- PIN Code – Not working
- GSensor – Working (Screen only handles 0 and 270 degrees)
- Bluetooth – Experimentally working (don’t expect too much, but it’s working for a number of users)
- OpenGL ES – Not working
- USB – Supported, but will NOT operate in mass storage mode. You can charge via USB and you can debug, but forget accessing your files by it.
- Headphone Socket – Semi working (see FAQ for details on how to make it work)
- Application Errors: It’s very common to see ‘Application (xxxxxx) is not responding: Force Close or Wait’. Click wait. I do not know the precise reason for this, but from what I can gather, it COULD be related to the slow speed of the SD Card causing the app response times to JUST be a little too slow for Android’s liking, thus causing the message. This seems to happen more after bootup or wakeup when the device is busy doing stuff in the background.
- Cannot choose ringtones: This is believed to be caused by the media scanner failing (due to discovering some filenames with none English characters). The best option of all is to use a CLEAN SD Card. But, if you insist on hosting other files on the same SD Card, you MUST make sure they have English character filenames.
The thread contains the link to the CAB._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!