XDA member thx1200 just released a new kind of media player for WM. Avian seems to specialize in audio rather than anything else and you can use it for podcasts, streaming radio, or as a regular music player. The app differs from others of its kind in the fact that it has a different set of controls for each kind of content you are trying to play. On top of that, the dev has created this with the latest and greatest codecs available to ensure smooth and good quality playback.
The app is fast, slick, and skinnable too, in case you want to integrate it with your device’s look. As always, feedback is very much appreciated.
- Intuitive, finger-friendly user interface, with seperate control surfaces for each audio file type (music, podcasts, internet radio) with multiple layout scenes per surface
- Advanced SQL library of music files on your device with customizable queries
- Tag reading/parsing and tag derived information from paths (\Folder\Artist\Album\Track.mp3)
- MAD audio codecs
- Large fonts and titling and large buttons for “car friendliness”
- Playlist editor
- Streams can contain multiple alternate URLs in a single entry
- Immediate list filtering/searching
- Customizable skins and languages
- It’s FAST
- Much more!
You can find more information in the application thread.
Want something posted in the Portal? Contact any News Writer._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!