At this point, almost everybody knows Cookie Home Tab, the work made by XDA member Co0kieMonster that completely changed the way we know Sense/Manila. In case you are not familiar, this add-on allows customization of almost every part of the UI.
Cookie Home Tab v2.0.0 has important changes since app has been rewritten from zero and optimized to gain speed. Many new features are present such as left/right sliding pages configurable from 1 to 7 pages, redesigned soft key area, bottom menu and tab slider, quick links can be configured in any row by column layout, and much more.
The developer states that CHT mod is more configurable than ever. You can find a new CHT Editor version as well.
Originally posted by Co0kieMonster
About v2.0.0 Public Beta:
CHT version v2.0.0 bring major changes. Most of the mod has been rewritten from the ground up, every line of code has been looked over and optimized for speed. Lots of new features have also been added along with an addon widget framework. Generally the mod is more configurable than ever.
This is a beta release, complete with bugs and unfinished bits, so keep that in mind.
You must uninstall any previous version of CHT and soft reset before installing this one.
A new version of CHTEditor is also available: CHTEditor v18.104.22.168 – also in beta.
There is no backward compatiblity with versions 1.x.x, so you can’t import old CHTE settings files. But future versions will be compatile going forward, so you will be able to import your 2.0.0 settings into any 2.x.x version.
Here are the highlights of what’s new in v2.0.0. A full list of changes is quite large and will be added a little later (a user manual is coming).
For now these are just highlights, but I know you’ll discover the details while exploring
- left/right sliding pages confgurable from 1 to 7 pages (separately configurable for portrait, landscape and lockscreen)
- redesidned softkey area, bottom menu and tab slider (tap and hold the slider button, don’t just tap and release)
- quick links can be configured in any row by column layout
- new links that are can be freely moved anywhere on the screen (free links – add from popup menu)
- free links have a slide-to-launch feature on the lockscreen
- more widgets: email, sms, RSS, weather, clocks (digital, flip and analog)
- addon widget framework: widgets can be made by anyone and installed as an addon cab
- widgets can be pinned into place and some can be freely resized
You can find more information in the application thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!