For Windows Mobile lovers, XDA member iwfratz posted an update to WiMoSpeed, a good tool to over clock your CPU. As mentioned by the developer, the application lets you change the CPU-speed by manipulating the values WM uses for clock control, which makes the app work reliably on battery and AC without any scripting or active components. It´s important to understand that by using this tool, you may damage your device, so make sure that you know how to proceed.
To download this app, go to the original thread and download the cab.
Originally posted by iwfratz
[APP] WiMoSpeed: [2011-06-22] V1.08
- USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
- Overclocking your cpu may damage your device.
- Before autostarting the app be sure that your device will not hang.
- backup is always recommended !!
WiMoSpeed lets you change the CPU-speed. In opposite to other tools, even to the predecessor OverClockTool (OCT), it manipulates the values WM uses for clock control. So it works reliable on battery and AC without any scripting or active components.
- WiMoSpeed needs .NET CF 3.5
- Download and install the CAB
- Start WiMoSpeed.exe. If it reports that it cannot identify your ROM: read LIMITATIONS/PROBLEMS
- Select Speed
- Set Speed
- Exit WiMoSpeed.exe
- Your device still runs with speed you set
Continue on to the application thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!