Posted February 15, 2010 at 12:37 pm by orb3000
Cyclonezephyrxz7 created a great application: a very useful and free alternative to those expensive contact backup applications. It will backup and export your contacts and SMS messages.
This program includes:
- A super-simple, lightweight GUI
- The Ability to backup Contacts and SMS
- Three modes of exporting: TXT and CSV and VCF
- A comand-line based version of the GUI program
- First, run the app and you will see 3 areas : What you want to output, the output format, and the folder to write to.
- Select what you want to ouput
- Make sure to ONLY PUT THE FOLDER in the folder text box, or you will get errors or weird results…
- Once set up, click export, and the application will do its thing!
- If you want to use the command-line feature, then just run the same EXE as for the GUI with parameters afterwards (see documentation)
Continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!