Cyclonezephyrxz7 created a great application: a very useful and free alternative to those expensive contact backup applications. It will backup and export your contacts and SMS messages.
This program includes:
- A super-simple, lightweight GUI
- The Ability to backup Contacts and SMS
- Three modes of exporting: TXT and CSV and VCF
- A comand-line based version of the GUI program
- First, run the app and you will see 3 areas : What you want to output, the output format, and the folder to write to.
- Select what you want to ouput
- Make sure to ONLY PUT THE FOLDER in the folder text box, or you will get errors or weird results…
- Once set up, click export, and the application will do its thing!
- If you want to use the command-line feature, then just run the same EXE as for the GUI with parameters afterwards (see documentation)
Continue on to the application thread._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!