FPSECE – PSX Emulator for Windows Mobile
Posted May 11, 2010 at 08:02 pm by nqnguyen2
Attention Windows Mobile users! You’ve asked for games and now you have them. Introducing the First PlayStation Emulator for Windows CE (FPSEce), this free emulator allows you to play your old PlayStation 1 (PS1) games on your mobile device after grabbing the images from your PS1 disks and dropping it onto your storage card.
The emulator has been in development for quite some time but it is not popular because of the requirements for a powerful processor. These days it is easier to obtain such a device like the HTC HD2 with a 1 Ghz processor. Fortunately, there is a list of slower devices which some games are playable and can be found on the FPSECE website.
- Customizable transparent on-screen controller
- Multitouch for the HTC HD2
- Plethora of supported games
- Much more!
In order to play your old PS1 games four pieces of software are needed as seen below:
- FPSEce (which you can download for free)
- PocketISO – to compress your images (if needed)
- An image of a PlayStation game you own
- PlayStation-BIOS for use with FPSEce.
Go to this thread to get your game on.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!