Freda’s Ebook reader was the first of its kind when originally released, it recently received an update in order to keep up with HTC’s new reader. The update brings new features that enhance the overall user experience and especially enhances the smoothness and transition from page to page.
Originally posted by Jim Chapman
The program is called ‘Freda’ – short for ‘free reader’, since it is free software (both in the sense of ‘free beer’, as I am not charging for it, and in the sense of ‘free speech’, as I am licensing my code under the GPL).
Main new features:
- CSS Style sheets are recognised
- Controls/gestures can be customised
- Line spacing, indent and justification can be customised
- Bookmarks and annotations are provided
- Dictionary look-up is implemented (using SlovoEd)
Continue on to the application thread for the new version_________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!