This great app, created by msullivan, gives you the option to send messages via your 3G data connection, this way your outgoing SMS messages cost you nothing! This application for Windows Mobile devices allows easy text messaging via your Google Voice account (only working for USA for now). The app tries to open a few URL connections via OS networking components using your data connection.
Originally posted by msullivan
I’ve not been able to find a free application for Windows Mobile that allows easy text messaging (SMS) via your Google Voice account. I wanted something easy to use that also pulls from the phone’s contacts list. So since I couldn’t locate an app that suites these needs, I created one.
New In Version 1.1
NOTE: This version and all future versions requires the .NET Compact Framework 3.5, see below.
- Smart contact selection. Start typing a name or number, and Easy SMS will start narrowing your choices for you.
- Update checking and notification. A very low-bandwidth way of keeping your software up to date.
- Debug mode. Having issues? Enable Debug Mode in your settings and let me know of the error details, maybe I can help you out with it
- Some small bugs have been fixed.
- Support for most special characters in message text.
- Public source code (click through to my website).
For the application and more information continue on to the application thread.___________________