The GSM Android port on the TouchPro2 has been progressing at a fast pace, and now CDMA can join the ride. In a recent update to their port, the XDA Android team brings in support for CDMA devices, for example Sprint and Verizon Wireless TouchPro2 users.
The Port is pretty good. I have been using it on my T-mobile TouchPro2, its fast, smooth, but just a little bit boring and does not really do much if you do not have a data plan with your carrier.
Originally posted by Reefermattness
- NEW Mar 31 New Startup Utility Updates: Force CDMA checkbox enables the use of MrPippys combined CDMA & GSM Rootfs! (For .rar CDMA users add “htc_hw.force_cdma=1″ to your startup.txt!)
- NEW Mar 31 New Thanks to MrPippy’s work the CDMA and GSM rootfs have now been combined!!
- NEW Mar 31 New system.sqsh from babijoee! Adds Gallery, Calculator, and Desktop Clock. Updates to some apps as well!
- 3/25 Zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- 3/25 Additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
The thread contains more information._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!