XDA member pcwe has posted this very nice tutorial on how to debrand your HD2 via the goldcard method. If you are not familiar with it, the goldcard method basically allows a rom to be flashed from an SD card which is prepared to bypass the securities imposed by the system. This seems to be a necessary step to flash certain roms like the Artemis series on the HD2. The advantage of this is that it will not modify much on your device, and will flash everything that you want flashed… nothing more, nothing less.
The guide is very complete and it has all the necessary links and information to do this process successfully. If you have comments about the guide, make sure that you leave them in the thread.
Tired of waiting until your service provider releases HTC updates for your branded phone?
Here comes your step by step guide on how to unbrand or debrand your HTC HD2/Leo using a PSAS Goldcard.
(Thanks go to svc und oliverweidel)
1. Micro SD card (non HCSD that is <4GB)
2. The “PSAS” Software
3. PC with ActiveSync or MobileDeviceCenter Connection to your HD2 (Guest is good enough)
B. Make your SD Card a Gold Card:
1. Back up your system (especially your SD-Card!! for a Goldcard you have to format your SD-Card)
2. Format your Micro SD card with FAT32
3. Insert your formatted SD Card into your HD2
4. Connect your device to your PC (ActiveSync/MobileDeviceCenter)
You can find more information in the guide thread.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer._________