If you are one of those users who are simply not satisfied with your media management application in your computer, then you have to take a look at Hydros Media Center. This application is an interesting alternative to Active Sync (or WMDC if you are on Vista or later) for managing your media files on your Windows Mobile device.
Despite still being on alpha stage, this app, which was created by xda member rkrishnan2012, has many options to play with. For instance, it presents us with a Zune 4.0 type of interface for easy flow between screens and ease of transfer files onto the device.
Originally posted by rkrishnan2012
For those of you who don’t know what im doing, im trying to make an efficient media player for windows which interacts with windows mobile nicely. As a model, im using many things and features which have been included in Zune Software 4.0. Anyway, I have been working on this alone for a long time and I think it’s time to reveal this to the public for some help as well. I would like to post the source code somewhere but im not sure exactly what the process is so please help me on that if you can.
Features so far:
- Music Library
- Pictures Library
- Apps Bazaar
- oms Bazaar (only for LG Incite so far -due to my lack of knoledge in xda roms-)
- Device Support [NEW for Alpha release 4] – you can add and remove songs now
- You can now delete files [New to Alpha release 4] – works now
Alpha Release 4 – 5/20/10
- Added the ability to add and remove songs in library and device library
- Fixed the comment dialog to show up (it notifies you of any things that are important…like a device being connected)
- Still uses activesync dll so you still need activesync to be installed (and I can’t distribute the dll due to legal issues).
You can find more information in the application thread._________