CallerID is an old technology that many people have been using for a long time for home phones. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was something similar for smartphones to help them live up to its name?
User namiran has developed TrueCaller that will recognize the origin of the phone call and display the registered name for that phone number. The application can block incoming calls, report and notify the user of calls coming from spam callers. There is a plethora of features that may be extremely useful for even a casual user.
Originally posted by namiran
TrueCaller has the all of the following features:
- Display name/address of caller on incoming call
- Display name/address of caller on outgoing calls (new)
- Update your phonebook with missing address information such as street, city and zip code (improved)
- If a result is not found, display region/operator from which the call is from (improved)
- Tweet your calls to Twitter and let your friends know who you are on the phone with
- SMS Popup which displays a popup of received text messages (new)
- Display address of caller on a map (improved)
- Save caller to phonebook with one click (improved)
- Block incoming calls from unwanted callers (new)
- Report and be notified of calls from spam callers (new)
- Possibility to edit the numbers to search for i.e. remove *001 from every number before searching
The application works in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Continue on to the application thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!