Windows Phone 7 App: I-RSS
Posted October 1, 2010 at 06:00 am by Captainkrtek
If you plan to get a Windows Phone 7 soon then you’ll have a great RSS reader to look forward to running on your phone. The app, developed by XDA Member PaulosCZ, is still in development but has some great features planned. The app has a nice WP7 theme to it and seems as though it was developed by Microsoft themselves. Here is what Paulos is planning for the App along with how far along they are developed:
- An intuitive and clean RSS reader like WP-builtin Email app (including things like selecting more items, flagging them etc.)
- Option to add feeds directly or by choosing from webpage
Progress: 60% (now only timeouts and cancel events to handle)
- Import / Export feeds from / to other feed aggregators
- Sort news by attributes such as date and time
Progress: 60% (won’t be so simple)
- Flag items for later review
Progress: 40% (the prerequisites are set)
- Search though previously downloaded RSS feeds
- Push notifications, toasts and live tiles
Although the app has not been released Paulos is looking for testers and developers to help him with the app. He is looking for people with C# Experience and that are willing to contribute. To learn more check out the discussion thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!