On this series of articles, we will be writing about those magnificent applications of the past, we have to remember that not everyone is using the latest device available and many members are still using older devices. This time, XDA member hendrixus presented long time ago an application called PocketToolman, a sys tray utility that gives you quick access to Pocket PC’s functions, programs, and settings. A popup dialog will display useful functions such as suspend, soft reset, easy access to settings, screen off, lock device, and many more. The application is supported for Windows Mobile 6 only and download link can be found on post number 13.
Originally posted by hendrixus
* Suspend – allows you to power-off the Pocket PC without having to press the Power button. You can also add the Suspend icon in the tray for easy access.
* Soft Reset – performs soft reset.
* Settings – quick access to Control Panel applets.
* ScreenOff – switches off the screen. You can create a shortcut to invoke ScreenOff. Great for binding to a hardware button to easy access.
* Lock Device – allows you to lock the Pocket PC when it’s running. Using the same system password for unlocking.
* Stay Alive [Power] – allows you to temporarily stop your Pocket PC from auto power-off.
* Battery Meter – displays the battery life percentage in the systray.
* Disconnect – Disconnects current RAS connection.
* PIN Lock – Invoke the PIN prompt. You must have the PIN prompt enabled for this to work.
* Quick access to toggle Bluetooth on/off by adding a Bluetooth icon into the systray. *Supports Microsoft Bluetooth Stack ONLY.
* Quick access to toggle WiFi on/off by adding a WiFi icon into the tray.
* Quick access to HTC Task Manager by adding an icon to the systray for easy access to provide one hand operation to close running applications.
* Persistently Hides SIM Contacts – On my TyTN II, after a soft-reset, the flag is restored to show contacts on SIM card. With PT, if you set it to run at Startup, what PT does is apply the setting during execution, then applies again after roughly a minute after soft-reset to ensure SIM contacts are set to hide.
* Data Connections – Allows you to disable data connection entries to stop them from connecting automatically. This feature is great when you are roaming and do not want to pay for costly data roaming charges. You can also set data connection entries to be AlwaysOn.
* Disable SMS ‘Message delivered” popup.
* Disable HTC screen off after a call has been connected.
Continue to the original thread.
If you have any older app that you think may be worth featuring in the Portal, please let us know.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!