XTask: Finger-Friendly and Powerful Task Manager
Posted February 26, 2010 at 01:05 pm by admin
There are many task managers available for Windows Mobile, for example the stock HTC task manager. Unfortunately most of these do not work with the new 6.5.3 builds, where the Start button is located at the bottom. For this reason, Chinagb has developed a new finger-friendly task manager, which also adds many nice features.
Originally posted by soma900 (who maintains the thread for the developer)
- Support all WM versions (WM2003, WM5, WM6.1, WM6.5, WM6.5.x).
- Support all screen resolutions (QVGA, SQVGA, VGA, SVGA, WVGA).
- Support multi functions (process management, task management, document management, control panel, etc.).
Main features and functions
- Switch windows or close tasks or system process.
- Rotate screen orientation.
- Automatic fix the bottom tool bar overlay in WM6.5.x.
- Automatic change X-botton to close.
- Automatic terminate ActiveSync.
- manage files with XTask.
- Access the control panel items.
- Place icon, or show freeRAM on the title bar.
- Hold the XTask icon and drag on the screen to perform quick function.
- fully customizable XTask function items, program tools bar for fix under WM6.5.x, icon position on the title bar, etc.
- Create shortcut buttons in start menu for Restart, Toggle Wifi or bluetooth, screen-off, etc.
There’s also a video demonstration available to see how you can use XTask.
Continue on to the application thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!