From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Windows Phone 7 List of Bugs and Problems
In the infinite world of knowledge of XDA, we found this complete list of bugs for Windows Phone 7 devices written by XDA member arturobandini. The whole idea is to have a single thread where all members can read and report bugs or problems on their devices. This will be very useful for developers as well, so they can find out exactly the common weak points reported by all. You will find issues such as:
– Automatic reboot and loss of all data
– Pictures assigned to Live Tiles are very low resolution pictures
– Very low resolution picture showing on the screen when a contact calls you
– Email notification sounds laggy/distorted
-Game Hub – most icons are zoomed in and pixelated
-Some annoying background hiss noise
The main goal is to find the solutions to all the bugs reported on this thread with the collaboration of all members, so please step in and participate.
Originally posted by arturobandini
The WP7 list of BUGS’ Thread (or design inconsistencies)
Users could use this thread to list all the bugs they noticed on Windows Phone 7.
Here are the (possible) ones that have already been identified.
Please note that this list is exhaustive.
* Microphone may disable itself after use of bluetooth or plugging in headphones
* Alarms: Freezes when recurring alarm sounds and allowed to self quiet, when not plugged in. Does it everytime. Sometimes locks on dismiss screen, otherwise locks when dismissed
* Alarms: Phone may freeze on the passcode unlock screen when you dismiss the alarm (reboot necessary)
* Alarms: Sound issues after alarm sounding: No sound after alarms, vibration still works but no sound
* When an email contains a picture, it cannot be downloaded with Gmail on Windows Phone 7 (in HTML or RTF email format)
* The “Answer” button seems sometimes disabled when answering a call [rare]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...