April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not failed to keep us entertained. With a trove of fantastic faux product launches and even some real product launches that were taken as April Fools jokes, people have been busy releasing their hilarious ideas. With many of these jokes being nostalgic and some even being functional it's easy to appreciate the spirit behind them. Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge In a reference to the Galaxy...
Windows Phone 7 – Mango Unveiled Today
A few days ago, XDA member dotcompt posted about the upcoming Mango update. Well, we have been following the news today and now we know that it will bring 500 new features and that it will be available this Fall.
This is what you can expect from it:
- Windows Phone Start screen showcasing improved Live Tiles. Users can now get real-time information from apps without having to open them – making them more dynamic and able to hold more information.
- Threads offer the ability to switch between text, Facebook chat, and Windows Live Messenger within the same conversation.
- Internet Explorer 9 on Windows Phone includes support for HTML5 and full hardware acceleration. IE9 also allows you to quickly and easily share web pages with social networks directly from the browser.
- Groups allows users to group contacts into personalized Live Tiles to see the latest status updates and quickly send a text, email, or IM to the entire group.
- Multitasking with Windows Phone allows users to quickly switch between apps in use while preserving battery life and performance.
- Get hyper-local search results and recommendations on restaurants, shopping, and activities around you through Local Scout. Once you’ve decided on an activity, App Connect allows apps to be surfaced when and where they make sense, so you can book those dinner reservations or purchase those movie tickets directly from your Windows Phone.
- App Connect. See apps in search results and hubs such as Music + Videos and Pictures. App Connect works with Marketplace, so results include both apps already on your phone and new apps to download.
- Quick Cards (Quick Cards): When searching for a product, a movie, an event, or a place, this offers a summary and relevant applications.
- Photo Tagging: A new facial detection software that makes easy tagging your photos or posting them on the internet.
On the Mango presentation it was also pointed out that communications will also be smoother. It will be easier to connect and share stuff, which will lead to a deeper social network integration and a smarter approach to apps.
Stay tuned and be on the lookout for Mango coming to your devices.
Please leave your comments.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are meant to fool people. This news is no joke though, as Google has pushed the shiny red button to send out over-the-air updates to supported devices. Well, sort of, as only a few of available Nexus devices got updates to Android 5.1. Here's a list of OTAs that can be downloaded and flashed by stock recoveries. You can find guides on how to revert...
Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays - the annual unveiling of HalfLife 3, and day on which co-workers believe it is appropriate to duct tape air horns behind doors. I speak, of course, about April Fools Day. As has become their custom, Google launched lighthearted "pranks" for each of their various services (with other tech sites and vendors following suit), and we have done our best to round up the humorous products and tweaks surfacing thus far....