Not too long ago, we talked about how XDA Recognized Developer Cotulla helped first generation HTC Windows Phone 7 owners achieve device freedom thanks to the DFT HSPL and RSPL release. For those who don’t remember, the developer’s release was the first major ground made by the development community for the supported devices.
Now thanks to several months’ worth of curing time, Cotulla is back with a significant update for the DFT HSPL and RSPL package. This update brings support for new device Model IDs, CDMA devices, and much more.
In the words of the developer:
15.02.2012 Updated release. Revision #3.
- Was added support for ‘SCHU1000′ and ‘PD291200′ MIDs
- Removed OTA update inside RSPL and HSPL, this allows to keep HSPL after HTC OTA Zune update.
- Added warning screen about 4.XX and 5.XX
- But still NO support for 4.XX and 5.XX
- Support for CDMA devices: GoldC and SparkW
- Wizard UI: only WWE support remains.
This release supports those WP7F devices:
*Gold (HTC Pro 7,T7575)
*Schubert (HD7, HD7S, T9292,T9295,T9296)
*HTC Gold C (HTC Arrive)
*HTC Spark W (Trophy Verizion)
Naturally, modifying the HSPL and RSPL will void your warranty. However, that’s never stopped anyone on these forums. First generation HTC Windows Phone 7 device owners should head over to the development thread.
[Thanks Ezequiel for the tip!]
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!