Former Microsoftie Justin Angels, now working for Nokia evangelizing Windows Phone 7 development, is personally (that is, not on behalf of Microsoft or Nokia) giving away five new carrier-unlocked Lumia 800 to homebrew developers. Here’s his post:
My goal is to give this hardware out to devs who will use it for either:
- Port existing homebrew apps/features/hacks to Nokia Lumia 800.
- Create new Nokia Lumia specific homebrew apps/features/hacks.
- Anything else that you can convince me makes sense.
“I want one of these free phones, what’s next?”
Respond to this forum post with the following information:
- What will you use the Nokia Lumia 800 for? The more specific the better. (see the aforementioned list of goals)
- Up to 3 links (+ explanation) showing that you have the previous experience required to meet your development goal.
- Anything else you think will help you get one of the Lumia 800 phones.
Head over to the forum thread to explain why you deserve one of these phones. And, from our side, major props for this generous giveaway, which will hopefully encourage more awesome homebrew apps._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!