Microsoft is apparently rolling out a new update to Windows Phone 7 devices, beginning with the LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone, as Italian site Plaffo reports. The update with build number 7.10.8107.79, which is quite a big jump from the 7720 of Mango RTM and the subsequent 7740 maintenance release, most notably fixes an issue with the keyboard, which would randomly disappear when background agents from multitasking-enabled apps were active.
The full changelog is as follows (translation via The Verge):
- Resolves a Gmail syncing issue
- Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information
- Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response
- Fixes a voicemail notification issue
If you cannot wait for the update to hit, forum member bobzero has posted direct download links for CABs which can be directly sent to your device. However, we strongly recommend you to hold off on updating manually, since you’ll have to install all language packs for everything to work properly, as noted by recognized developer Heathcliff74. The official update from your device manufacturer will also include enhanced, device-specific drivers, which usually improve various features such as battery life compared to the stock update provided by Microsoft.
Microsoft’s official Windows Phone update history page, which provides detailed changelogs for each release, has not been updated for this new release yet._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!