Wf Phone Tools Lets You Micromanage Your WP7 Device
Posted February 3, 2012 at 08:30 pm by Will Verduzco
Unlike its predecessor, Windows Phone 7 was never intended for much freedom. Evidence for this can be found everywhere from the similar device specifications and lack of carrier skins to the way users are allowed to install applications. However, this being XDA-Developers, we constantly develop new ways to take back control of our devices.
Luckily, this is where utilities like wf Phone Tools by XDA forum member andreacorti come into play. This tool caters to the power users by allowing you to perform tasks such as install, update, and kill applications with ease. Additionally, if your device supports SMS Backup, wf Phone Tools can even download your SMS data from your device.
In the words of the developer:
It allows to (in this version)
- Install new application on device
- Update existing application on device
- Show the list of installed applications (only developer installed)
- Launch, Kill and uninstall applications
- Explore isolated storage of applications
- Download files and folders from isolated storage
- Download SMS from device (in combination with smsBackup XAP)
If you’re a Windows Phone user looking for more control, this just might be up your alley. Freedom is yours in the application thread.[Thanks to XDA forum moderator andyharney for the tip!]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!