Yesterday, we discussed the second part of our tech giants coming to the west series with Huawei. What people may not know, however, is that Huawei owns a company by the name of HiSilicon. Hisilicon's processor department may not be the most popular in the west but their technology is impressive, with year on year improvements being easily seen. In the coming years, manufacturers such as Qualcomm may have to face the fact that there are other companies just as able...
Writepad: Handwriting Optimised For Stylus – Beta Testers Required
Tablet owners looking for a smooth writing experience should check out XDA forum member transceiver‘s Writepad application for Android tablets.
Originally written for the Asus EeePad Transformer running Android 3.2, the dev is interested to find out how it works on other tablets and is looking for beta testers.
Current features include –
- No lag and no jitter between the stylus movement and the screen response.
- Smart palm detection – only records the writing from your stylus (right handed only for now).
- Export page and notebook – share the page as a PNG file, or export the whole thing as a ZIP file to your Dropbox or Gmail accout.
- Paper types – comes with four familiar paper types.
- Stylus calibration – instead of drawing where the stylus touches the screen, it will draw where you ‘think’ the stylus tip is, which is good for thicker tip styluses.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There are many great Android handsets on the market today that are much cheaper than the flagships from the major players like Samsung and HTC. The OnePlus One and Nexus 5 are two great examples of high-end phones being offered at prices much cheaper than competitors. But there are phones in the mid-range that may offer even more bang for your buck. Let us know which smartphone deal you think has the best value.
TapDeck which has just entered beta, is a smart wallpaper app that allows you to change to a random wallpaper by simply double tapping your screen. After selecting images you like from a selection, your wallpapers will be chosen based on similar images from Flickr, Imgur, Reddit and Wikipedia. If you see one you like, simply swipe up and you will see information relevant to the image. After spending a day with this app it is clear that it is still...