The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 and be sure to check out the article talking about the 3D printable microscope for mobile devices. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA...
Writepad: Handwriting Optimised For Stylus – Beta Testers Required
Tablet owners looking for a smooth writing experience should check out XDA forum member transceiver‘s Writepad application for Android tablets.
Originally written for the Asus EeePad Transformer running Android 3.2, the dev is interested to find out how it works on other tablets and is looking for beta testers.
Current features include –
- No lag and no jitter between the stylus movement and the screen response.
- Smart palm detection – only records the writing from your stylus (right handed only for now).
- Export page and notebook – share the page as a PNG file, or export the whole thing as a ZIP file to your Dropbox or Gmail accout.
- Paper types – comes with four familiar paper types.
- Stylus calibration – instead of drawing where the stylus touches the screen, it will draw where you ‘think’ the stylus tip is, which is good for thicker tip styluses.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...