Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Writepad: Handwriting Optimised For Stylus – Beta Testers Required
Tablet owners looking for a smooth writing experience should check out XDA forum member transceiver‘s Writepad application for Android tablets.
Originally written for the Asus EeePad Transformer running Android 3.2, the dev is interested to find out how it works on other tablets and is looking for beta testers.
Current features include –
- No lag and no jitter between the stylus movement and the screen response.
- Smart palm detection – only records the writing from your stylus (right handed only for now).
- Export page and notebook – share the page as a PNG file, or export the whole thing as a ZIP file to your Dropbox or Gmail accout.
- Paper types – comes with four familiar paper types.
- Stylus calibration – instead of drawing where the stylus touches the screen, it will draw where you ‘think’ the stylus tip is, which is good for thicker tip styluses.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.