Yesterday, we discussed the second part of our tech giants coming to the west series with Huawei. What people may not know, however, is that Huawei owns a company by the name of HiSilicon. Hisilicon's processor department may not be the most popular in the west but their technology is impressive, with year on year improvements being easily seen. In the coming years, manufacturers such as Qualcomm may have to face the fact that there are other companies just as able...
XDA is Hiring PHP & Android Devs; Join the Team!
The XDA community is kept running by a large and committed team, including dozens of moderators, admins, news writers, and more. The site’s servers and software, on the other hand, are managed by a much smaller team. Today we’re looking to add one or two talented and hard-working developers. We expect that these individuals will work remotely (at least to start) on either a contract or full-time basis.
Your contributions to the site will immediately impact over 20 million visitors per month, and will help to shape the course of development on mobile devices.
– Help move XDA into the future by developing new features and functionality for the site and related projects
– Experience with vBulletin, WordPress and git (not required, but a big plus)
– Experience writing clean, optimized, and well-commented code which works well at scale
– Fluency in HTML, CSS, AJAX and other web technologies; design experience a plus
– This is a full-time job, but we are willing to accept highly qualified part-time applicants who can guarantee at least 20 hours per
week of work
- Must have built clean, polished apps that are released on Google Play
– Native Android OS experience; apps will maintain tight integration with the OS
– This would be a contract position to start (10 – 20 hours per week) but could become full-time
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– A resume
– Your XDA username (if applicable)
– Links to sample code or projects you’ve developed from start to finish
– A general description of salary requirements (or your rate for hourly work if applicable)
– Anything else we should know about you or why you want to work for XDA
Please, no consulting firms or development shops. We want a creative and hard-working individual.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There are many great Android handsets on the market today that are much cheaper than the flagships from the major players like Samsung and HTC. The OnePlus One and Nexus 5 are two great examples of high-end phones being offered at prices much cheaper than competitors. But there are phones in the mid-range that may offer even more bang for your buck. Let us know which smartphone deal you think has the best value.
TapDeck which has just entered beta, is a smart wallpaper app that allows you to change to a random wallpaper by simply double tapping your screen. After selecting images you like from a selection, your wallpapers will be chosen based on similar images from Flickr, Imgur, Reddit and Wikipedia. If you see one you like, simply swipe up and you will see information relevant to the image. After spending a day with this app it is clear that it is still...