The FCC has ruled on Net Neutrality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Pebble Time Kickstarter and be sure to stay tuned for even more mobile world congress announcements! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday...
XDA is Hiring PHP & Android Devs; Join the Team!
The XDA community is kept running by a large and committed team, including dozens of moderators, admins, news writers, and more. The site’s servers and software, on the other hand, are managed by a much smaller team. Today we’re looking to add one or two talented and hard-working developers. We expect that these individuals will work remotely (at least to start) on either a contract or full-time basis.
Your contributions to the site will immediately impact over 20 million visitors per month, and will help to shape the course of development on mobile devices.
– Help move XDA into the future by developing new features and functionality for the site and related projects
– Experience with vBulletin, WordPress and git (not required, but a big plus)
– Experience writing clean, optimized, and well-commented code which works well at scale
– Fluency in HTML, CSS, AJAX and other web technologies; design experience a plus
– This is a full-time job, but we are willing to accept highly qualified part-time applicants who can guarantee at least 20 hours per
week of work
- Must have built clean, polished apps that are released on Google Play
– Native Android OS experience; apps will maintain tight integration with the OS
– This would be a contract position to start (10 – 20 hours per week) but could become full-time
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– A resume
– Your XDA username (if applicable)
– Links to sample code or projects you’ve developed from start to finish
– A general description of salary requirements (or your rate for hourly work if applicable)
– Anything else we should know about you or why you want to work for XDA
Please, no consulting firms or development shops. We want a creative and hard-working individual.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.
Smartwatches still have a lot of growing up to do. Not too long ago the latest Canalys figures revealed a rather disappointing outcome for 2014, something we covered with the ultimate conclusion that, once again, smartwatches had no year. The direction of smartwatches is unclear to even the biggest OEMs, and with every new option there seems to be polarizing dissonances from what people and OEMs want and what they both think they want. We've documented many of the reasons as to...