The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best smartphones of 2014. The Global Mobile Awards given out during the time of MWC 2015 named it the Smartphone of The Year (SOTY?) alongside the iPhone 6, and at the time of its release it packed the very best in Android specifications, from the powerful Snapdragon 801 to the class-leading 1440p display. The camera, battery life and feature set were also deemed...
XDA is Hiring PHP & Android Devs; Join the Team!
The XDA community is kept running by a large and committed team, including dozens of moderators, admins, news writers, and more. The site’s servers and software, on the other hand, are managed by a much smaller team. Today we’re looking to add one or two talented and hard-working developers. We expect that these individuals will work remotely (at least to start) on either a contract or full-time basis.
Your contributions to the site will immediately impact over 20 million visitors per month, and will help to shape the course of development on mobile devices.
– Help move XDA into the future by developing new features and functionality for the site and related projects
– Experience with vBulletin, WordPress and git (not required, but a big plus)
– Experience writing clean, optimized, and well-commented code which works well at scale
– Fluency in HTML, CSS, AJAX and other web technologies; design experience a plus
– This is a full-time job, but we are willing to accept highly qualified part-time applicants who can guarantee at least 20 hours per
week of work
- Must have built clean, polished apps that are released on Google Play
– Native Android OS experience; apps will maintain tight integration with the OS
– This would be a contract position to start (10 – 20 hours per week) but could become full-time
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– A resume
– Your XDA username (if applicable)
– Links to sample code or projects you’ve developed from start to finish
– A general description of salary requirements (or your rate for hourly work if applicable)
– Anything else we should know about you or why you want to work for XDA
Please, no consulting firms or development shops. We want a creative and hard-working individual.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
You've probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your resolution or a custom WhatsApp version with added features. How do developers do that, though? A lot of the time, the applications' source code isn't even available, so how does it all work? We'll see that first, then take a look at a new tool that aims to make the process much easier, and finally compare it to the popular Xposed framework to see how they...
With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is becoming even more important in the mobile world. Services like Dropbox and Google Drive have already become widely adopted by the majority of smartphone users, but is cloud storage ready to replace external storage? Let us know your thoughts below.