When the first reports of the M9 overheating came to light, many forum users began a collective joke-round calling the phone a popcorn machine, a grill, and other unoriginal remarks that we’ve seen with every device that presents sign of overheating, from gaming consoles to graphics cards. In this sense, the internet is not very inventive, and the cycle of rehashed jokes re-surfaces on different products every year or so. This time it was the M9’s turn and it was...
XDA is Hiring PHP & Android Devs; Join the Team!
The XDA community is kept running by a large and committed team, including dozens of moderators, admins, news writers, and more. The site’s servers and software, on the other hand, are managed by a much smaller team. Today we’re looking to add one or two talented and hard-working developers. We expect that these individuals will work remotely (at least to start) on either a contract or full-time basis.
Your contributions to the site will immediately impact over 20 million visitors per month, and will help to shape the course of development on mobile devices.
– Help move XDA into the future by developing new features and functionality for the site and related projects
– Experience with vBulletin, WordPress and git (not required, but a big plus)
– Experience writing clean, optimized, and well-commented code which works well at scale
– Fluency in HTML, CSS, AJAX and other web technologies; design experience a plus
– This is a full-time job, but we are willing to accept highly qualified part-time applicants who can guarantee at least 20 hours per
week of work
- Must have built clean, polished apps that are released on Google Play
– Native Android OS experience; apps will maintain tight integration with the OS
– This would be a contract position to start (10 – 20 hours per week) but could become full-time
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the following:
– A resume
– Your XDA username (if applicable)
– Links to sample code or projects you’ve developed from start to finish
– A general description of salary requirements (or your rate for hourly work if applicable)
– Anything else we should know about you or why you want to work for XDA
Please, no consulting firms or development shops. We want a creative and hard-working individual.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
It is all well and good stating figures, but what does $20 million of crowd funding mean for a company? The Pebble Time just recently ended their Kickstarter with over 4000% of their initial request which was just $500,000. This level of funding is unprecedented for Kickstarter and it passed $1 million in less than an hour bringing with it a level of fame unavailable to many other OEMs. Produced by the Pebble Technology Corporation (PTC), the Pebble Watch has...
The LG G4 Note has been leaked! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the news of the delay in the release of Oxygen OS and be sure to check out the article talking about installing Android 4.4 Kitkat on a laptop. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Be sure to check out the other videos released earlier this week...