There are some excellent ‘AAA’ tier games by huge development houses that offer fun, and, most of the time, in-app purchases. There is no doubt that some of these games are great. However, at XDA we like to keep an eye on the little guy. Some of the more successful Android developers have started out as the little guy. Today we celebrate another simple game developed by an XDA member. XDA Senior Member Rolf Smit offers up a 2D sandbox...
XDA Tablet Z Competition Winners Announced!
If you have been living under a rock, XDA has been running an amazing contest the past two weeks involving the latest tablet to hit the market, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. After almost 100 entries, the judges were able to narrow it down to the following 10 winners (in no particular order) along with a brief description of their winning entry:
1. lilstevie – LittleKernel development to allow separate boot and recovery kernels
2. zacthespack – native port of, and custom ROM for, LinuxonAndroid
3. Apache14 – open source IR blaster
4. bluefa1con – bringing official PACman ROM to the Tablet Z
5. mamenyaka – Ubuntu Touch port to the Tablet Z
6. rayman – functional multiboot of different android variants as well as booting third party linux distributions
7. rydo88 – ‘smart environment’ setup utilizing NFC tags and Sony’s entertainment packages with the Tablet Z
8. sagarmane4u – education based solutions for studying and exam prep
9. sailnw – boat management application for cruisers and sailors
10. anthonycr – open source Lightning Browser development for 10″ tablets
We really thank everyone for submitting ideas, and only wish that we had more to give away. Be sure to look for these projects to start appearing in the Sony Xperia Tablet Z Original Android Development forum, and check back over the next few weeks to see articles featuring these winners and their projects. Also we’ll let you know when it’s time to start voting on the Grand Prize winner of the Sony NEX-6 camera.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...