This Week in Development: Samsung Galaxy S III & XDA – XDA TV
Posted June 22, 2012 at 03:00 pm by Jimmy McGee
Today on This Week in Development, Jordan talks about articles on the XDA Portal—surprising I know. Jordan talks about XDA Elite Recognized Developer, XDA New Writer, XDA TV Producer, and all around awesome guy AdamOutler‘s write up about Nvidia and closed hardware. Also covered is how to use Init.d with any phone. Jordan reminds you to check out AdamOutler’s XDA TV Android web server video.
Jordan then talks about the latest news for the Samsung Galaxy S III. This device gets its source code released, and can be loaded with Ubuntu and Backtrack. Finally in some administrative news, Jordan talks about the new Windows Phone 8 forums and the new XDA 2013 forum style.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Nvidia and the Problems with Closed Hardware
- Galaxy S III SGH-i747 and SGH-T999 Source Code Released
- Load Ubuntu and Backtrack on the Galaxy S III
- How to Use Init.d with Any Phone
- Microsoft Reveals Windows Phone 8, Forum Added
- Android Web Server – XDA TV
- Introducing XDA 2013 Beta, Now Available for Testing
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!