After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!
XDA Will Be at the Big Android BBQ–Will You?
You have a chance to rub elbows with some of the more prominent members of the Android community. The Big Android BBQ is the place. At the Big Android BBQ, you can expect to see Recognized Developers, Forum Members, and XDA-Developer TV Producers who you’ve grown to know and love for their personalities and knowledge. XDA-Developers, being the largest Android development community in the world, will be contributing to the festivities in several ways:
- Conferences: XDA-Developers will be hosting a few select conferences covering what we do best here at XDA.
- Android Development Discussion: Elite Recognized Developers Supercurio (Project Voodoo) and Entropy512 (CyanogenMod Device Maintainer and kernel developer) will be speaking on their upcoming projects, along with other well known Recognized Developers like Fransisco Franco (Multi-deveice kernel developer), Agrabren (Cyanogenmod maintainer) , and Decad3nce (Device Developer).
- XDA Discussion: Find out the latest about XDA as Jerdog, NotATreoFan and M_T_M speak about the future of XDA-Developers and its relations with device manufacturers.
- Exploits, Vulnerabilities, and Closed Source: Find all about the greatest grey-hat hacks of this year and how you can use them, hosted by AdamOutler and Jordan Keyes.
- Contests: Win free stuff from XDA-Developers. We’re talking about Nexus Development devices here.
- Swag: While supplies last, we have over 100 official XDA shirts and 1,000 reprogrammable XDA NFC Keychains.
- Community: We will have our own table at the event. Stop by and say hi to Developers, Senior Moderators, XDA-Developer TV Producers, News Writers, and more. Make sure to sign the XDA banner with your username while you’re there. We’re going to try to get a spot near the beer!
According to the Big Android BBQ staff, there will be representatives and sponsors from the following manufacturers: Sony, Samsung, HTC, Seidio, Adobe, Texas Instruments, Cruzerlite, Slingbox, and many more. This will be your chance to make small talk and connections with those guys. Last year, we were able to preview the Samsung Galaxy Beam, the first phone with a wall-projector, several months before release.
And of course, that’s not all. There will be a CyanogenMod Q&A Session, Andrew Bell figurine contest and autographs, a session on smart watches, a constant stream of giveaways and SWAG, a Saturday night bar crawl, and the Sunday evening Big Android BBQ party. These are just some of the events planned. Make sure you run out and get your ticket immediately. Sales end soon.
Want to get in on a ticket at a discounted rate? Click here for a 10% discount.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung's Unpacked Event has now come and gone through Mobile World Congress 2015, and we've got a good look at what could be the most advanced phone of the year thus far. The event started shortly after its scheduled time at 12:30PM today and the only devices shown were the Galaxy S6 and its Edge variant, both of which pack an impressive amount of features, spectacular internals and an all-new beautiful design. The show began with a quiet voice whispering to...
Each year, smartphone makers attempt to one-up each other in features and specs, but time and again these improvements feel incremental rather than revolutionary. Samsung hopes to break this trend with a new hardware and software design philosophy, and press details of the new-and-improved cameras shared by the S6 and S6 Edge show that they are off to a great start. Once you get past the curved displays and wraparound Gorilla Glass 4, the most striking feature on these slabs is the...