Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
XDA Will Be at the Big Android BBQ–Will You?
You have a chance to rub elbows with some of the more prominent members of the Android community. The Big Android BBQ is the place. At the Big Android BBQ, you can expect to see Recognized Developers, Forum Members, and XDA-Developer TV Producers who you’ve grown to know and love for their personalities and knowledge. XDA-Developers, being the largest Android development community in the world, will be contributing to the festivities in several ways:
- Conferences: XDA-Developers will be hosting a few select conferences covering what we do best here at XDA.
- Android Development Discussion: Elite Recognized Developers Supercurio (Project Voodoo) and Entropy512 (CyanogenMod Device Maintainer and kernel developer) will be speaking on their upcoming projects, along with other well known Recognized Developers like Fransisco Franco (Multi-deveice kernel developer), Agrabren (Cyanogenmod maintainer) , and Decad3nce (Device Developer).
- XDA Discussion: Find out the latest about XDA as Jerdog, NotATreoFan and M_T_M speak about the future of XDA-Developers and its relations with device manufacturers.
- Exploits, Vulnerabilities, and Closed Source: Find all about the greatest grey-hat hacks of this year and how you can use them, hosted by AdamOutler and Jordan Keyes.
- Contests: Win free stuff from XDA-Developers. We’re talking about Nexus Development devices here.
- Swag: While supplies last, we have over 100 official XDA shirts and 1,000 reprogrammable XDA NFC Keychains.
- Community: We will have our own table at the event. Stop by and say hi to Developers, Senior Moderators, XDA-Developer TV Producers, News Writers, and more. Make sure to sign the XDA banner with your username while you’re there. We’re going to try to get a spot near the beer!
According to the Big Android BBQ staff, there will be representatives and sponsors from the following manufacturers: Sony, Samsung, HTC, Seidio, Adobe, Texas Instruments, Cruzerlite, Slingbox, and many more. This will be your chance to make small talk and connections with those guys. Last year, we were able to preview the Samsung Galaxy Beam, the first phone with a wall-projector, several months before release.
And of course, that’s not all. There will be a CyanogenMod Q&A Session, Andrew Bell figurine contest and autographs, a session on smart watches, a constant stream of giveaways and SWAG, a Saturday night bar crawl, and the Sunday evening Big Android BBQ party. These are just some of the events planned. Make sure you run out and get your ticket immediately. Sales end soon.
Want to get in on a ticket at a discounted rate? Click here for a 10% discount.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.