There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
XDA Will Be at the Big Android BBQ–Will You?
You have a chance to rub elbows with some of the more prominent members of the Android community. The Big Android BBQ is the place. At the Big Android BBQ, you can expect to see Recognized Developers, Forum Members, and XDA-Developer TV Producers who you’ve grown to know and love for their personalities and knowledge. XDA-Developers, being the largest Android development community in the world, will be contributing to the festivities in several ways:
- Conferences: XDA-Developers will be hosting a few select conferences covering what we do best here at XDA.
- Android Development Discussion: Elite Recognized Developers Supercurio (Project Voodoo) and Entropy512 (CyanogenMod Device Maintainer and kernel developer) will be speaking on their upcoming projects, along with other well known Recognized Developers like Fransisco Franco (Multi-deveice kernel developer), Agrabren (Cyanogenmod maintainer) , and Decad3nce (Device Developer).
- XDA Discussion: Find out the latest about XDA as Jerdog, NotATreoFan and M_T_M speak about the future of XDA-Developers and its relations with device manufacturers.
- Exploits, Vulnerabilities, and Closed Source: Find all about the greatest grey-hat hacks of this year and how you can use them, hosted by AdamOutler and Jordan Keyes.
- Contests: Win free stuff from XDA-Developers. We’re talking about Nexus Development devices here.
- Swag: While supplies last, we have over 100 official XDA shirts and 1,000 reprogrammable XDA NFC Keychains.
- Community: We will have our own table at the event. Stop by and say hi to Developers, Senior Moderators, XDA-Developer TV Producers, News Writers, and more. Make sure to sign the XDA banner with your username while you’re there. We’re going to try to get a spot near the beer!
According to the Big Android BBQ staff, there will be representatives and sponsors from the following manufacturers: Sony, Samsung, HTC, Seidio, Adobe, Texas Instruments, Cruzerlite, Slingbox, and many more. This will be your chance to make small talk and connections with those guys. Last year, we were able to preview the Samsung Galaxy Beam, the first phone with a wall-projector, several months before release.
And of course, that’s not all. There will be a CyanogenMod Q&A Session, Andrew Bell figurine contest and autographs, a session on smart watches, a constant stream of giveaways and SWAG, a Saturday night bar crawl, and the Sunday evening Big Android BBQ party. These are just some of the events planned. Make sure you run out and get your ticket immediately. Sales end soon.
Want to get in on a ticket at a discounted rate? Click here for a 10% discount.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...