As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
XDA Will Be at the Big Android BBQ–Will You?
You have a chance to rub elbows with some of the more prominent members of the Android community. The Big Android BBQ is the place. At the Big Android BBQ, you can expect to see Recognized Developers, Forum Members, and XDA-Developer TV Producers who you’ve grown to know and love for their personalities and knowledge. XDA-Developers, being the largest Android development community in the world, will be contributing to the festivities in several ways:
- Conferences: XDA-Developers will be hosting a few select conferences covering what we do best here at XDA.
- Android Development Discussion: Elite Recognized Developers Supercurio (Project Voodoo) and Entropy512 (CyanogenMod Device Maintainer and kernel developer) will be speaking on their upcoming projects, along with other well known Recognized Developers like Fransisco Franco (Multi-deveice kernel developer), Agrabren (Cyanogenmod maintainer) , and Decad3nce (Device Developer).
- XDA Discussion: Find out the latest about XDA as Jerdog, NotATreoFan and M_T_M speak about the future of XDA-Developers and its relations with device manufacturers.
- Exploits, Vulnerabilities, and Closed Source: Find all about the greatest grey-hat hacks of this year and how you can use them, hosted by AdamOutler and Jordan Keyes.
- Contests: Win free stuff from XDA-Developers. We’re talking about Nexus Development devices here.
- Swag: While supplies last, we have over 100 official XDA shirts and 1,000 reprogrammable XDA NFC Keychains.
- Community: We will have our own table at the event. Stop by and say hi to Developers, Senior Moderators, XDA-Developer TV Producers, News Writers, and more. Make sure to sign the XDA banner with your username while you’re there. We’re going to try to get a spot near the beer!
According to the Big Android BBQ staff, there will be representatives and sponsors from the following manufacturers: Sony, Samsung, HTC, Seidio, Adobe, Texas Instruments, Cruzerlite, Slingbox, and many more. This will be your chance to make small talk and connections with those guys. Last year, we were able to preview the Samsung Galaxy Beam, the first phone with a wall-projector, several months before release.
And of course, that’s not all. There will be a CyanogenMod Q&A Session, Andrew Bell figurine contest and autographs, a session on smart watches, a constant stream of giveaways and SWAG, a Saturday night bar crawl, and the Sunday evening Big Android BBQ party. These are just some of the events planned. Make sure you run out and get your ticket immediately. Sales end soon.
Want to get in on a ticket at a discounted rate? Click here for a 10% discount.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the new Google Cell Service and what we know about it and be sure to check out the article talking about the release of the Sony Xperia Z4. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on...