XDANDROID Project Update Released
If you thought that the XDANDROID project was coming to an end, think again. XDA moderator babijoee and his team have just released an update for this multi-device port of Android for WM. The update addresses a few issues with layout as well as some functionality issues that may be annoying you at the moment. The most noticeable one is the work being done on the light sensor for the automatic brightness adjustment.
A few other updates include newer applications, like Google apps. If you are using this port, make sure that you go through the whole change log in case modification to something is needed.
- The following bugs were fixed:
- Talk.apk missing
- Buttons cut off in the open call menu.
- OpenWnn IME selected by default
- Google Apps updated to 20101020.1
- Transitioned to hdpi graphics and fonts
- Ambient light sensor and hardware auto brightness for RAPH and RHOD (WisTilt2)
- Debug output for battery service emergency shutdowns (by request of camro)
- Data roaming off by default (can be dangerous for international users) (emwe)
- armv6j instruction support from cyanogenmod
You can find more information in the project thread.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.