Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
XDApp, XDA-Developers.com on Your Phone
This great app by ktemkin is not new but it´s worth to bring it back.
Android user have the tapatalk app for xda but there’s not much available for the Windows Mobile crows.So what could be better than a special app to browse xda developers on your Windows Mobile phone? With this app you can see xda in a great format, which is specially adjusted to fit mobile screens, no need to open your browser to navigate, post, download or upload to xda!
Originally posted by ktemkin
XDA users no longer have to deal with the hassle of using an inefficient browser to view the forum which provides the liveblood of their devices. Now, the Mobile XDApp gives you options to help eliminate load times and increase your productivity as you view fourms, read and reply to posts, start new threads, upload files, download files, manage your account and more!
- Dynamic multi-screen rendering library supports any screen of any size, shape, and DPI. Tested and works on QVGA, WVGA, VGA, and Square VGA. Theoretically should work with much larger screens, including large-screen RedFly devices/software.
- GZIP compression, which decreases load times by more than 80%. That’s more efficient than Opera Mini! See below for compression statistics.
- Full, automatic authentication protocols mean you never have to waste time logging in again!
- Automatic server-side thumbnailing of images for much reduced image transfer.
- Unique ‘superheader’ view organizes forums, making it easier to navigate the forums!
- Near-complete features:
- Edit your posts.
- Pre-fetching allows commonly viewed threads to load when you first start the app, completely eliminating load times later.
- Extensible external framework will allow other applications to utilize its features: e.g. allow a user to directly post a bug-report, complete with attached memdump, to a developer’s thread.
For more information continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.