If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
XDA’s International CES 2013 Video Recap – XDA Developer TV
Another International CES event is in the bag. In attendance for 2013, was XDA Developer TV Producer Jordan. In this video, he talks about his experiences over the four days he spent in Las Vegas attending the showcase of consumer wares. He starts out talking about the CES Unveiled event, CES Press Day and the exposition itself.
Jordan mentions the other videos released last week and this week from International CES 2013. These videos include the Huawei Ascend Mate Hands-On, the Sony Z and ZL Hands-On, the Press Day recap and the Nvidia unveiling, so check out this video and the others from CES.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
More CES 2013 videos and articles:
- Nvidia’s CES 2013 Unveils: Project Shield, Tegra 4, and Grid – XDA Developer TV
- Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL Hands-On at CES 2013 – XDA Developer TV
- Huawei Ascend Mate Hands-On at CES 2013 – XDA Developer TV
- International CES 2013 Begins to Much Fanfare
- Ubuntu for Phone and Boot2Gecko Demonstrations and More at CES 2013 – XDA Developer TV
- The Announcements are Made, Now the Show Can Begin!
- Sony Releases Xperia Z at CES 2013
- Netgear and Intel Talk Tech at CES 2013
- LG Talks Tech at CES 2013
- Xbox Controller on Jelly Bean, XDA Phone Cases Shipping, CES Updates Coming Soon – XDA Developer TV
- CES 2013 Unveiled Shows No Android Love
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...
A few months ago, we came up with the idea of presenting the history of flagship devices released by some of the major Android OEMs. In this, we've had the pleasure of bringing you the stories of Sony (Ericsson) and Samsung. Now, it's time for our third and final installment. This is a very special episode, as the OEM I will talk about was heavily connected to Android and the beginnings of XDA as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about HTC, the...