The HTC One M9, Available in both 'Gold on Silver' and 'Metal Gray' colors will be available for sale in stores across the US on April 10th, however most carriers are starting preorders tomorrow on March 27th. No matter which network you order yours from you will be covered by HTC's new Uh-Oh service. Throughout the day today we have seen just as many announcements from carriers regarding pre-order information and prices for Samsung's new flagships the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If...
XOOM Now Overclocked to 1.6 GHz, Smacks Quadrant Around a Few Times
Does running your shiny new Motorola XOOM at only 1.5 GHz (or heaven forbid, the stock speed of 1.0 GHz) having you feeling a little blue? As always, there is a cure to be found within the confines of the xda-developers forum.
This time, our fix comes from XDA member bigrushdog, who has updated his speedy and popular Tiamat kernel to support Android 3.1 Honeycomb. With this update, the developer has also upped the over-clocking ante by taking us to 1.6 GHz.
Tiamat is a kernel designed for use on the Motorola Xoom. We are very exicted about the future of Honeycomb and Tegra development.
- Two builds! Overclocked to 1.6Ghz and 1.4Ghz. If you had stability issues with 1.5Ghz, choose the 1.4Ghz. If 1.5Ghz ran fine for you, grab the 1.6Ghz.
- Just for now, kernel version had to drop to 188.8.131.52 from 184.108.40.206
- All the popular file system and network mount modules including:
- CIFS for windows network mounts
- NFS and XFS
- TUN with full ipv6 support!
- AUFS for dual mount and other uses
- NTFS for mounting ntfs partitions
- nls_utf8.ko for foreing language network mounts
- And much more!
- Implemented USB Ethernet for USB Tether from phone to Xoom!
- Extreme debug bloat removal and massive kernel optimization
- Linpack 69 and Quadrant 4800! (on 1.6Ghz Performance governor)
As with all over-clocked kernel installations, there is a moderate amount of risk involved. However, as the results show, the gains are quite amazing. To make sure your XOOM doesn’t get too jealous, be sure to continue on to the original thread! After all, who knows… You may just break 4500 like forum member Elysian893.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
OnePlus is one of those companies that appear one day and next thing you know, they are all over the internet. Their original OnePlus One phone was a major success in the mobile space due to its low price yet remarkable specifications - the ultimate goal of the company and their “Never Settle” slogan. We love talking about “the little OEM that could”, not necessarily because they are good or bad, but because their business and marketing strategies are very...
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will be available for sale across the big four US carriers on April 10th, but most pre-orders start tomorrow, March 27th. Which network is the right choice for your new phone? That's a question whose answer received a new wrinkle today as announcements about pricing and bundled perks landed from all angles. Here's the rundown of Samsung offerings as we know them, but it's worth mentioning that HTC's newsroom was just as busy rattling off...