April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not failed to keep us entertained. With a trove of fantastic faux product launches and even some real product launches that were taken as April Fools jokes, people have been busy releasing their hilarious ideas. With many of these jokes being nostalgic and some even being functional it's easy to appreciate the spirit behind them. Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge In a reference to the Galaxy...
Xperia Launcher Ported to all Android Devices Running ICS or Higher
There are many different launchers out there. Whether it’s an old favorite or something you can’t normally get, there are options galore. A favorite here on XDA is when a launcher intended for specific devices gets ported to be used on all devices. Now, the Xperia Launcher has been ported to work on any device running Android 4.0.3 and up.
XDA Senior Member ra3al has posted the port to XDA. It has a plethora of features, but nothing newer Xperia owners don’t know about. They include:
- User selectable number of home screens (up to 11) and default screen selection
– Customizable desktop and app drawer grid size (from 3 x 3 to 9 x 9)
– Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (significantly improved from previous (GB) version)
– Resizable widgets
– Hide apps from the app drawer (now does not hide them from the desktop and the dock)
– Show / hide icon labels on the desktop, the dock and the app drawer
– Enable / disable app sharing on social networks
– Enable / disable tactile feedback (vibration)
– Icon packs support (load icons from: Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher and GO Launcher themes / icon packs)
– Backup and restore launcher settings
– Support for any resolution and any display density (custom DPI)
Installing is really simple as well. Simply install the APK like any other launcher application and you’re ready to go. With the easy installation and the decent feature set, this is an excellent launcher to try out if your current one is getting tiresome.
To learn more, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are meant to fool people. This news is no joke though, as Google has pushed the shiny red button to send out over-the-air updates to supported devices. Well, sort of, as only a few of available Nexus devices got updates to Android 5.1. Here's a list of OTAs that can be downloaded and flashed by stock recoveries. You can find guides on how to revert...
Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays - the annual unveiling of HalfLife 3, and day on which co-workers believe it is appropriate to duct tape air horns behind doors. I speak, of course, about April Fools Day. As has become their custom, Google launched lighthearted "pranks" for each of their various services (with other tech sites and vendors following suit), and we have done our best to round up the humorous products and tweaks surfacing thus far....