The HTC One M9 and the Samsung Galaxy S6 were unveiled at Mobile World Congress! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of the Huawei Watch Android Wear device and be sure to check out the article talking about IKEA selling Qi enabled furniture. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Be sure to check out the other videos...
Xperia Launcher Ported to all Android Devices Running ICS or Higher
There are many different launchers out there. Whether it’s an old favorite or something you can’t normally get, there are options galore. A favorite here on XDA is when a launcher intended for specific devices gets ported to be used on all devices. Now, the Xperia Launcher has been ported to work on any device running Android 4.0.3 and up.
XDA Senior Member ra3al has posted the port to XDA. It has a plethora of features, but nothing newer Xperia owners don’t know about. They include:
- User selectable number of home screens (up to 11) and default screen selection
– Customizable desktop and app drawer grid size (from 3 x 3 to 9 x 9)
– Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (significantly improved from previous (GB) version)
– Resizable widgets
– Hide apps from the app drawer (now does not hide them from the desktop and the dock)
– Show / hide icon labels on the desktop, the dock and the app drawer
– Enable / disable app sharing on social networks
– Enable / disable tactile feedback (vibration)
– Icon packs support (load icons from: Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher and GO Launcher themes / icon packs)
– Backup and restore launcher settings
– Support for any resolution and any display density (custom DPI)
Installing is really simple as well. Simply install the APK like any other launcher application and you’re ready to go. With the easy installation and the decent feature set, this is an excellent launcher to try out if your current one is getting tiresome.
To learn more, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While the likes of Samsung and HTC were busy announcing their next big things in the mobile market at their Mobile World Congress events, Sony was turning up the heat in the tablet market with the launch of its latest offering, the Xperia Z4 Tablet. Coming with a 10.1" IPS display offering 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution, the Xperia Z4 tablet is the successor to the successful Z2 tablet released in 2014. As a true successor, the Z4 Tablet offers everything...
After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!