There are many great Android handsets on the market today that are much cheaper than the flagships from the major players like Samsung and HTC. The OnePlus One and Nexus 5 are two great examples of high-end phones being offered at prices much cheaper than competitors. But there are phones in the mid-range that may offer even more bang for your buck. Let us know which smartphone deal you think has the best value.
Xperia Launcher Ported to all Android Devices Running ICS or Higher
There are many different launchers out there. Whether it’s an old favorite or something you can’t normally get, there are options galore. A favorite here on XDA is when a launcher intended for specific devices gets ported to be used on all devices. Now, the Xperia Launcher has been ported to work on any device running Android 4.0.3 and up.
XDA Senior Member ra3al has posted the port to XDA. It has a plethora of features, but nothing newer Xperia owners don’t know about. They include:
- User selectable number of home screens (up to 11) and default screen selection
– Customizable desktop and app drawer grid size (from 3 x 3 to 9 x 9)
– Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (significantly improved from previous (GB) version)
– Resizable widgets
– Hide apps from the app drawer (now does not hide them from the desktop and the dock)
– Show / hide icon labels on the desktop, the dock and the app drawer
– Enable / disable app sharing on social networks
– Enable / disable tactile feedback (vibration)
– Icon packs support (load icons from: Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher and GO Launcher themes / icon packs)
– Backup and restore launcher settings
– Support for any resolution and any display density (custom DPI)
Installing is really simple as well. Simply install the APK like any other launcher application and you’re ready to go. With the easy installation and the decent feature set, this is an excellent launcher to try out if your current one is getting tiresome.
To learn more, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
TapDeck which has just entered beta, is a smart wallpaper app that allows you to change to a random wallpaper by simply double tapping your screen. After selecting images you like from a selection, your wallpapers will be chosen based on similar images from Flickr, Imgur, Reddit and Wikipedia. If you see one you like, simply swipe up and you will see information relevant to the image. After spending a day with this app it is clear that it is still...
Need some material design icons for your latest app or website? Or perhaps you're a designer looking to share some of your work? Material Design Icons probably has what you're looking for. For developers, it means open, searchable icons that are available in all the formats you could wish for. Developing for Android? You can download any icon in two formats: Android 5.x (gives you a vector drawable along with PNGs in black, gray and the color of your choosing),...