2015 Moto X Gets TWRP, Repartition Alcatel Idol 3, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Coming! – XDA TV
It’s Friday, September 18, 2015, and let’s talk about what happened this week over at XDA-developers.com
First up, Elephone has announced a new flagship for their phone line, which they’re calling “Vowney” for now. There are 2 versions of it, 1 with a Mediatek MT6795 processor and Android 5.0, 1 with an Intel quad-core processor and either Android 5.0 or Windows 10. Other than that, they both have a 20 megapixel Sony camera, 3800 milliamp hour battery, 3 gigs of RAM, a 2k display, and 64 gigs of built-in storage. Sounds pretty interesting, though I’d bet it won’t support US LTE bands, unfortunately. They also say they’re working on a smartwatch, but no real specs about it are available at the moment.
Qualcomm made some announcements this week, some new processors and what not, but the biggest thing, I think, is that their next generation of chips are going to have Quick Charge version 3.0. This is supposed to be up to 38% more efficient than its predecessor, be twice as fast as Quick Charge 1.0, and be able to go from 0 to 80 percent in about 35 minutes, which is ridiculous.
As an update to last week’s video, Sony’s gone ahead and started rolling out Android 5.1.1 to the Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact, and Ultra, so be on the lookout for that, which should include the Stagefright fixes. Speaking of Xperia devices, XDA Senior Member Jozinek put up a system dump from the Xperia Z5 Compact on the forum, so if you want to tear it apart and see what makes it tick, head on over to his thread.
XDA Recognized Contributor TEKHD put the newly released BOH6 firmware for the T-Mobile Note 5 in his list of downloads for that device.
XDA Senior Member JoshuaDJohnson22 put together a guide showing you how to unlock the Moto X Pure and possibly the Moto X Style. And once you unlock your new Moto X, TWRP is now officially available for it.
Moving on over to the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3, apparently the 8 gig model of the Idol 3 actually has 16 gigs of storage built into it. XDA Senior Member Petrov.0 put together a guide showing you how to repartition the memory of the Idol 3 to regain some of that extra space, but make sure to do backups before trying it! He also put together a guide showing you how to re-enable fastboot on the Idol 3, since apparently the latest update disabled them.
XDA Recognized Developer Ketut.KumaJaya has released unofficial CM 12.1 builds for the Xiaomi Redmi 2. There are still some camera and sound issues, so keep an eye on the thread for updates.
And finally, one other video was posted to XDA TV this week where I had a bit too much fun compiling together the unboxings of the “Best Phones Under $100”.
But you know what? That’s going to be about all from me for today. You can find the links to all the stories I talked about in the video description, as well as the links to my YouTube channels. Remember if you liked this video to leave a like down below and subscribe to receive our content as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for watching, and I’ll see you next time.
Be sure to check out other great XDA TV Videos.
- Elephone Announces New 2015 Flagship Phone, “Vowney”
- New Smart Watch Appears From Elephone
- Qualcomm Announces Quick Charge 3.0
- Sony Rolls Out Android 5.1.1 For Xperia Z1, Z Ultra and Z1 Compact
- Xperia Z5 Compact System Dump
- New T-Mo Note5 Firmware (BOH6) Download
- BOH6-Based Custom ROM For T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Official CyanogenMod Nightlies Available for Moto E 2015 & Huawei Ascend Mate 2
- Kernel Source Code Available for the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition
- Unlock Bootloader on the Moto X Pure Edition
- 2015 Moto X Pure/Style Gets Official TWRP Support
- Repartition Internal Memory of Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Re-Enable Fastboot Commands on Updated Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Unofficial CM12.1 Builds For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Elephone P8000 XDA Review: Be Surprised, but Keep Expecting
- Android, XDA & Me — Mathew’s Setup, Powered by XDA
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Forums Now Available on XDA!
- XDA Forums Now Available For the Blu Pure XL
- XDA Forums Now Available For Micromax Unite 2 & Canvas 2
- Teclast X98 Air 3G Forums Now Available
- Best Phones You Can Get Under $100 Fun-boxing! (Part 2)