[Update: OxygenOS 10.3.0] Android 10 rolls out again for the OnePlus 6/6T
At the OnePlus 7T Pro launch event earlier this year in October, the company announced the Android 10 rollout schedule for older devices. In keeping with the schedule, the company rolled out a stable Android 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T in the first week of November. However, due to some unforeseen bugs in the builds OnePlus temporarily halted the rollout. OnePlus seems to have fixed all the issues in the previous release as it has now started rolling out OxygenOS 10.0.1 based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 6/6T.
The update upgrades the system to Android 10 and introduces a brand new UI redesign that we’ve previously seen on the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. The build also includes some new OxygenOS-specific features like keyword blocking in the OnePlus Messages app and the contextual display feature. Here’s the official changelog for the latest update for the OnePlus 6/6T:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations, and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
As always, the OxygenOS 10.0.1 update based on Android 10 is rolling out to a limited set of users right now. Once OnePlus confirms that it doesn’t have any major bugs, it should roll out to the remaining users. In case you don’t wish to wait for the update notification to pop up, you can download the update package from the links below and manually install it on your device. Do note that the incremental update package is only for those of you who updated to the previous Android 10 release before it was paused.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links!
Update: OxygenOS 10.3.0
Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 first started to roll out to the OnePlus 6/6T back in early November. The update was halted due to bugs, but it started rolling out again earlier this month (above). It actually got halted again because of bugs, but it appears to be rolling out (for real) now. OxygenOS 10.3.0 adds the November 2019 security patches and the notch hiding feature that wasn’t available for stable but were recently added in Open Beta 3. Let’s hope it stays this time.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.