Android Wear Augmented Reality Game! Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Rooted + Xposed! CF-Auto-Root Updated! – XDA TV
It’s Friday, January 1, 2016, Happy New Year! and let’s talk about what happened this week over at XDA-developers.com. In some excellent news, we have a new little addition here in the Keyes household, which is why I’ve been a bit absent from social media lately.
Moving on to the news though, Elephone is launching the new P9000 and P9000 Lite in a slightly different way. They’re selling discount codes, which can be used next month, when the actual phone goes on sale, and VIP memberships with discounts, promotions, and affiliate links to try to get a free P9000 (if you count paying $100 for a VIP membership as getting a free phone). The specs on the P9000 phones look pretty interesting at the price point they’re proposing, especially if you put one of the discount codes on top of it, so it might be worth a look.
Bluboo is working to keep itself in the news after their previous announcement of a phone with a sapphire screen. Now they’ve announced the Xfire 2, a phone with 3 SIM card slots. Not exactly useful where I’m at, but I’m sure there are people who would love to take advantage of 3 SIM slots, and it’s only going to be $70 when it launches in January.
HTC has launched another new device, the One X9, exclusively in China, with some mid-range specs including the MediaTek Helio X10, and it’s going to retail for the equivalent of about $370 US Dollars.
LeTV has announced the Le Max, which is going to have a ridiculously large 6.33″ screen, a snapdragon 810, 4 gigs of RAM, and either 64 or 128 gigs of storage. It’s supposed to launch sometime mid-January 2016 exclusively in India, and we’re not sure on pricing, but it looks like a pretty interesting device so far.
A new augmented reality app has shown up on the Google Play store that combines your phone’s camera with the screen of an Android Wear device to create a simulated marble labyrinth game. It’s ad-free, has no in-app purchases, and I tested it out briefly earlier with the OnePlus X, and it worked surprisingly well. Definitely goes a long way to show some of the things that are possible when you combine technologies.
Moving on to device updates, Xiaomi has announced that they’re testing Marshmallow for the Mi3, Mi4, and Mi Note, along with MIUI 7, and that it should be released soon. In the article from GizmoChina, they make it sound like it’s a beta update, and that a developer version and stable release will be coming in a few months, so you may want to think about it before updating, but who am I kidding? Mash that OTA update button for all it’s worth.
Speaking of beta testing, Huawei is apparently doing a test of Android 6 for the Honor 7 in India, you just have to register your IEMI in a Google Drive form to apply for the update, and the final release should be available in January or February.
Flashable files of Marshmallow for the LG G3 D855 have been captured and made available in the forum, so if you just can’t wait, links down below.
“An unofficial build of CM 13 is now available for the ZUK Z1 thanks to XDA Senior Member MrColdBird.”
XDA Senior Member werty100 ported Windows 10 over to the Nokia Lumia 920 thanks to WPInternals, so if you’ve got that device and want to check out some of the newer Windows features, head on over to his forum thread.
XDA Recognized Contributor arter97 figured out a way to root the beta build of Android 6 on the Galaxy S6, but keep in mind that you aren’t going to get any more updates to the beta after you root it. To go along with that, the Xposed Framework is now available for Android 6 on the Galaxy S6.
XDA Senior Member systemallica made a guide showing you how to upgrade to the Android 6 concept from Sony on the Xperia Z3 Compact, also including info about rooting and installing Xposed.
Chainfire has been super busy, releasing updates to both CF-Auto-Root and the beta of SuperSU this week. CF-Auto-Root now has support for over 300 device models, and SuperSU Beta has been updated to version 2.65, fixing some Nexus device issues as well as systemless root issues.
And to wrap things up, so I can get back to spending New Years Eve with my family, 5 other videos were posted to XDA TV this week. I did a video about the Tronsmart Titan charger along with a giveaway of 30 of them, then I reviewed the top 5 news stories of 2015, then TK talked about his top 5 Xposed Mods of 2015, then he showed his top 5 must have apps of 2015, and wrapped it up with a review of Chroma ROM on the Nexus 6P.
But you know what? That’s going to be about all from me for today. You can find the links to all the stories I talked about in the video description, as well as the links to my YouTube channels. If you want to see what I’m up too, like the daily vlogging stuff I’ve been doing for several months now. You should check it out, it baby stuff – adorable. Make sure to stay tuned for more exciting content coming out soon, give us a “Thumbs up” down below if you liked this video and subscribe to receive our content as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for watching, and I’ll see you next time.
Be sure to check out other great XDA TV Videos.
- Elephone Launch P9000 Available From $99.99
- Bluboo Announces the Xfire 2, a 5.0-inch Triple-SIM Smartphone
- HTC Launches the One X9 in China, Bears MediaTek Helio X10
- Letv Le Max with 6.33-inch QHD display, SD 810, 4GB RAM Launching in India mid-January 2016
- Developer Demonstrates an Augmented Reality Game for Android Wear
- Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4 & Mi Note Soon Getting MIUI 7 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Huawei is Testing a Beta of Android 6.0 for the Honor 7 in India
- Moto G 2015 Receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update
- Motorola Releases Android 6.0 Kernel Source For Moto X Pure 2015
- Motorola Pushes Kernel Source for Moto X 2014 for Android 6.0
- KDZ + Flashable Zips for Stock LG G3 (D855) Marshmallow (30B) Update
- Unofficial CM13 for ZUK Z1
- Windows 10 Ported Over Nokia Lumia 920
- Root Beta Android 6.0 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S6
- Xposed Framework Makes Its Way To Samsung’s Marshmallow
- Detailed Guide to Install Sony’s Android 6.0 Concept Software on Xperia Z3 Compact
- Guide to Repartitioning Xperia S to Flash Unofficial AOSP Build
- CF-Auto-Root Updated with Support for Over 300 devices!
- Beta of SuperSU Updated to Version 2.65
- Tronsmart Titan Quick Charger Review and International Giveaway! – XDA TV
- Top 5 News Stories of 2015 – XDA TV
- Top 5 Xposed Mods of 2015 – XDA TV
- Top 5 Must Have Apps of 2015
- Chroma ROM Review (Sort of) and Overview – XDA TV
- Jordan’s Vlog: Say Hello to ELLIS! (12.24.2015 Day #140)