ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event
ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the last few years they have been expanding into the mobile market. With their Transformer series of tablets, their Padfone line, and being the tablet manufacturer for the Nexus 7 (as well as the 2013 version), they’ve solidified their place as a viable option in the mobile industry. In the 4th Quarter of 2014 they announced their ZenWatch, and at the beginning of 2015 they announced the new Asus Zenfone 2, with it being the main attraction at their booth at MWC and even releasing the kernel source for it as required by the GPLv2.
Outside of the Transformer and Nexus 7 tablets, the ZenWatch, and to some extent the PadFone, the US smartphone market has not been a strong place for ASUS. With the introduction of the Zenfone 2, they are looking to reverse that position, and are looking to developers at XDA to help them.
On April 28 in New York City, ASUS will be hosting a special event and are extending an invitation to developers at XDA to attend. The only requirements are:
- The winners must be located in the US
- The winners are responsible for their own travel and accommodations to and from New York City
- The winners are asked to share their thoughts on the Zenfone 2 in the XDA forum
- The invitations are non-transferable
- One entry per individual. Multiple entries may invalidate your collective entries.
We will be picking 10 lucky winners at Noon EDT on April 3 who will be given an exclusive invitation to the event. So if you accept the Terms and Conditions listed above, head over to the form to enter. And Good Luck!