ASUS ROG Phone II update brings Google Phone app support and VoLTE/VoWiFi to more European carriers
ASUS is rolling out a new software update to the ROG Phone II. This new update takes care of many annoying bugs and also brings along some interesting changes, including support for VoLTE and VoWiFi support for European carriers. The update carries software version 17.0240.2004.9 and is already rolling out in batches to ROG Phone II owners globally.
Most notably, the update fixes the ASUS launcher crash bug, a video recording failure issue when connected to a Bluetooth accessory, as well as a bug related to NFC service. Furthermore, ASUS notes the camera stability has been improved, and they have also fixed the issue of trimmed videos not being saved in the Gallery app.
Besides, not mentioned in the changelog is the fact that this update enables support for installing the Google Phone app from the Google Play Store.
The Google Phone app was initially available on the Google Pixel and Android One smartphones only, but it has slowly been making its way to non-Google phones as of late. While it was always possible to install the app through unofficial means, ROG Phone II owners can now install the latest version of Google Phone directly from the Google Play Store. This ensures that you also get the latest update delivered right on your phone without needing to check for it manually.
Since this is a staged rollout, it might take some time for the update to reach your device. You can head to Settings > System to see if the update is available for you. In case you don’t want to wait, you can also install this new update manually using the OTA links provided below.
The full update changelog for the ROG Phone II is posted below:
- Fixed issue where Video Recording failed when connected to BT
- Fixed ASUS launcher crash issue
- Added “Neplayer” APP for JP
- Enabled VoLTE and VoWiFi on Tele2 (Sweden)
- Enabled VoLTE and VoWiFi on Bouygues Telecom (France)
- Fixed “NFC service isn’t responding” issue if the user quickly clicked the NFC icon in Quick Settings.
- Fixed issue where duplicated game covers appear in the game list in Armoury Crate
- Fixed issue where trimmed videos sometimes won’t be saved in the Gallery Application
- Fixed device hang issue when playing “V4:跨界戰”
- Improved Camera stability
Source: ASUS ZenTalk