ASUS updates the ZenFone 6 with November 2019 patches and new camera, sound, and UI features
Early last month, ASUS rolled out the stable Android 10 update for the ZenFone 6/ASUS 6Z, bringing all the new features introduced in Google’s latest software release. Shortly thereafter, the company released kernel sources of the Android 10 release. Later in November, the company released the Android 10 update for the ZenFone 5Z and now the company is releasing yet another update for the ZenFone 6/ASUS 6Z.
The latest update for the ZenFone 6/ ASUS 6Z brings the Android security patches for November 2019, along with updated APN settings, adjustments for the boot animation, and more. The “Integrated ultrawide camera and main camera on the zoom slider” feature mention in the release notes below most likely refers to the ability to use the zoom to switch between the main camera and wide-angle lens without having to tap on the dedicated button. Here are the official release notes for the latest release (v17.1810.1911.110):
- Updated security patch
- Updated APN settings
- Adjusted the boot animation
- Support six new languages in India (Telugu, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Tamil)
- Enabled Brazil Vivo VoLTE/VoWiFi
- Integrated ultrawide camera and main camera on the zoom slider
- Added a setting to change the styles of power button menu
- Added an option to adjust the ringtone volume once incoming call occurs
- Fixed that user can’t have phone call when using the 3.5mm headphones without mic
- Added the ability to show AM/PM with 12hr clock-format
The update has already started rolling out to users worldwide, but the company is currently pushing it to devices in small batches. If you haven’t received the update notification yet, you should receive it in the next couple of days. You can, however, head over to the “System update” section in Settings to check if the update is available on your device.
Thanks to Telegram users @Wichaya for the “About Phone” screenshot!