ASUS ZenFone 6 update improves Super Night Mode and HDR++, adds volume key controls in the camera app
The ASUS ZenFone 6 has managed to turn heads and serve as a refreshing surprise to the smartphone ecosystem. The ZenFone 6 serves as ASUS’ current flagship smartphone, and with features like a notch-less, bezel-less display, a 48MP rear-facing camera that flips to the front, and a renewed ZenUI interface (should we really call it ZenUI anymore?) which drops around 95% of the bloat and keeps things simple with a stock Android Pie interface, this phone is markedly different from anything ASUS has ever put out before. With its low price tag and beefy specs (goes up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage if you’re able to cop a limited edition), it challenges other “cheaper” flagship smartphones such as the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro.
The phone is a true value king and signifies a big change of direction from ASUS in pretty much every regard. But one aspect where ASUS has not really shined in the past is in the update front. With the software included in the ZenFone 6, though, we might see the company’s stance on updates change very soon, as it’s becoming very clear software is one of their new priorities. An update to the ASUS ZenFone 6 is now rolling out, bringing some major and minor improvements, most of them camera-related.
The new update includes improvements to the phone’s Super Night Mode camera mode–similar to Google’s Night Sight and OnePlus’ Nightscape–which aim to make low-light pictures even better than before. Additionally, the phone’s HDR++ mode (enhanced HDR+) is also receiving some optimizations and improvements. Other changes included within the update include volume key controls for the camera app, the ability to use the phone’s Smart Key as a shutter, and some minor optimizations throughout the system.
- Camera Super Night Mode & HDR+ Enhanced mode(HDR++) performance Improvement on image processing speed and image quality
- Add volume key functions: to control the flip camera rotation; set the volume key as “Shutter, Zoom, Flip camera” in Asus Camera’s settings manually.
- Use smart key as shutter to take pictures in Camera mode.
- Update default wallpaper and ringtone
- Improve camera rotation stability
- Optimize translation strings in Setting
- Enable TaiwanMobile Volte, MTS Volte/VoWifi, and KDDI/ Docomo/SBM Volte
The update is now rolling out in waves to ZenFone 6 users, so if you haven’t received the update yet, be on the lookout for an OTA update coming to your device.
Source: ASUS Forums