BattLineSvc V2 Battery Status Indicator
The Windows Mobile world is all about making things easier, this new application allows you to easily view the battery level left. The application is called BattLineSvc, it’s a simple app that uses a green strip to indicate the amount of battery life available. This might seem like a waste of time to some, but could be very useful to people that want to see the available battery life in one glance.
Originally posted by thx1200
You’ve seen these before — the little green line at the top of the screen that indicates the current battery level. This app is really nothing new or revolutionary. The main difference of BattLineSvc is that it’s a true Windows Mobile service, so it does NOT use one of the precious few 32 slots available for processes. You can find more information about services here. This app has been tested on Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1, and 6.5, but NOT 6.5.3. (Can somebody test for me?) There’s no configuration app yet, so I hope you like editing the registry if you don’t like the default settings. 😉
- Shows a nice bar along the top of your screen to indicate battery status.
- Color changes based on ‘warning’ and ‘critical’ battery levels, as well as when the device is on AC power (configurable).
- Immediately correctly resizes when the screen orientiation changes.
- The battery level is updated immediately when the device notifies listeners that battery status has changed (or you can specify an interval if your device isn’t sending notifications.
- Can show a bar at the bottom, left, and right sides of the battery bar (if you want it).
- Can be offset from the left and right, if you need it.
- Height of the bar can be changed.
- VERY low resources used — runs as a TRUE service and uses as close as 0% CPU as is possible by an app like this. So it’s good for even older snail devices. 😀
- Has a configuration app (requires .Net CF 3.5)
- AppToDate support!
Continue to the thread for more.