Best accessories for Dell XPS 17: Mice, keyboards, docks, and more
The Dell XPS 17 was reincarnated last year, almost a decade after we last saw the XPS 17-L702X in 2011. It follows the same design language as its younger siblings, the XPS 15 and XPS 13, with a premium aluminum chassis, ultra-thin bezels, and a fairly thin profile for a 17-inch notebook. This year, the XPS 17 got a spec bump where you can now get the laptop with the latest 11th-gen Intel Tiger Lake-H processors including the Core i5-11400H, Core i7-11800H, or the top of the line Core i9-11900H. For graphics, there’s a standard Intel UHD for the base model, or you can opt for an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 with 45W TDP and 4GB DDR6 memory or a heftier 60W RTX 3060 with 6GB DDR6 memory. Not only does this make the laptop great for content creation and heavy graphics tasks, you can also do gaming on the XPS 17.
Memory options go up to 32GB of DDR4 clocked at 3,200MHz, while storage can be configured up to a 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Dell offers the XPS 17 with a massive 97Whr battery, which is the largest it has used on an XPS laptop, ensuring it stays up for long. The laptop also offers a total of four Thunderbolt 4 ports, which means you can hook up a variety of peripherals, docks, external monitors, and even an eGPU.
Speaking of which, today we’re going to check out some of the best accessories for the Dell XPS 17 to help you improve the overall experience.
- Dell offers a wide range of monitors that you can hook up with your XPS 17. The UltraSharp U2720Q is a recommended 4K monitor from the company featuring an IPS panel with 99% sRGB, 95% DCI-P3 and 99% Rec 709 color coverage. It's also a VESA DisplayHDR 400 certified monitor.
- Sit back and relax while you catch up on work with the Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo. Both offer 2.4GHz or Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity allowing you to seamlessly connect and pair up to three devices. Both the mouse and keyboard offer a sleek premium finish that should go quite well with the XPS 17.
- The LG UltraGear 27GP850-B is a great external monitor if you plan on doing som fast-paced gaming on your XPS 17. The 27-inch monitor comes with a 165hz refresh rate, 1440p resolution, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium, DCI-P3 98% Color Gamut and HDR 10 support.
- The Logitech G Pro X wireless gaming headset is one of the best in the business whether you want to play games, or just want a comfortable everyday headphone. It can be connected using Bluetooth or 2.4Ghz wireless and offers support for DTS Headphone X 2.0, over 20 hours of battery life and Blue voice.
- Anker recently launched the Apex Thunderbolt 4 dock which is your one-stop solution if you need a reliable docking station for your XPS 17. The dock offers up to an 8K display with a 30Hz refresh rate, or a 4K display with a 120Hz refresh rate along with a variety of ports with 90W USB-PD passthrough.
- A cooling pad for your laptop is a great way to ensure it gets proper airflow especially during heavy workloads. The Havit HV-F2056 supports laptops of up to 17-inches and comes with three cooling fans, two USB ports to deliver power to external devices, and adjustable feet at the bottom.
- Want to add a full-fledged desktop-grade NVIDIA RTX 3080 to your XPS 17? Gigabyte offers the AORUS RTX 3080 Gaming Box eGPU that can connect simply using a Thunderbolt cable to deliver high-end graphics performance. Of course, it's pricey, as it's available for pretty much the same cost as the laptop itself.
- The Corsair MM700 is a large-sized mouse pad (36.6” x 15.8”) that can easily accommodate the XPS 17 and still have enough space for a mouse. It comes with a soft fabric finish as well as RGB lighting around the edges if you are into that sort of stuff.
These are some of the must-have accessories for the Dell XPS 17. Have we missed out on anything? Leave a comment below with your suggestions. Also, check out our list of the best laptops, if you are planning to buy a new notebook. We also have a dedicated list of the best laptops offered by Dell.