These are the best accessories for the HP EliteBook 840 Aero
As far as business laptops go, the HP EliteBook 840 Aero is one of the best you can buy today. Starting at just 2.5lbs, it’s very lightweight, but the configuration options it offers also make it very powerful. But even the best laptop can be expanded upon or improved. Accessories can go a long way in making the HP EliteBook 840 Aero work better for you, or just keeping it protected.
This is a business laptop, so we’re going to focus mostly on accessories that help with productivity. From expanding your desk setup to keeping you efficient on the go, there’s something for everyone here. If you want to do some gaming on the side, you can do that too, thanks to the power of Thunderbolt.
Accessories for your desk setup
Let’s start with accessories that can help you be more productive at home or in the office. The HP EliteBook 840 Aero has a good selection of ports you can use to connect accessories, including Thunderbolt. That gives you lots of options, including smaller accessories, docks, and monitors.
- If you want a mouse and keyboard that go perfectly together, the Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop bundle is a fantastic option. The two devices feature modern and slim designs, and the keyboard is a full-sized model with a number pad and a key for quick access to Office apps.
- It may not be the newest around, but the Logitech C920S is still a beloved webcam if you need extra quality for your video calls. It's a great accessory to have for your HP EliteBook 840 Aero if you're using a multi-monitor setup so you can always get the best angle.
- The Razer Anzu are a super interesting pair of glasses, which include two sets of lenses -- clear lenses with blue light filtering and sunglass lenses with a UV filter. They also have Bluetooth speakers in the arms, giving you personal audio without blocking out your surroundings.
On-the-go accessories for the EliteBook 840 Aero
Of course, the HP EliteBook 840 Aero is a laptop, and while you might use it at the office a lot, it’s meant to be portable. You can always make your experience on the go better with some accessories, and we have a few you might like.
- If you want protection for your laptop from small bumps and scratches, this UNIKA leather sleeve can do that with an extremely slim profile and a classy touch. This one is genuine leather, but you can opt for PU leather if you'd rather go the synthetic route and choose different colors.
- This Kinmac laptop case is great for keeping your laptop safe with a lot of padding, waterproof shell, and a shockproof ennclosure. But the best part is all the different patterns you can get it in, from more classic styles to colorful designs that really stand out.
- If you're traveling with your HP EliteBook 840 Aero, the easiest way to carry it is probably in a backpack so you can keep your hands free. This backpack is made from recycled and water-resistant materials, plus it gives you space for accessories and other extras.
- A traditional mouse can greatly enhance your experience wherever you go, and the Microsoft Arc Mouse is the best option if you need something more portable. It has an extremely slim profile when you lay it flat, but you can make it curve for a more ergonomic grip when you're using it.
- Premium sound experiences don't always require big headsets. The Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds offer noise cancellation with the V1 processor, great voice clarity thanks to beamforming microphones and a bone conductor sensor, and more. Plus they can last up to 24 hours with the charging case.
- Whether your current storage isn't enough, you want backup storage for redundancy, or you need to easily share files with someone, having an SSD on you can always come in handy. This Samsung SSD has up to 2TB of capacity and a fingerprint sensor to keep your data safe.
- Dual-screens are fantastic for productivity, so why only have them at home? The ASUS ZenScreen is a 15.6 inch portable monitor you can connect via USB to have extra space for your work apps on the go. It's a Full HD IPS panel and it includes a stand. Plus, you can connect other devices to it.
- Much like a second screen, sometimes it's good to be able to connect a bunch of peripherals while you're out and about. This small USB Type-C hub adds 12 ports to your laptop, including three display outputs, Ethernet, and lots of USB. It's not as fast as Thunderbolt, but it's way cheaper and much more portable than a Thunderbolt dock.
- Sometimes you just feel like spending some time out in the open, but you still need to get work done. With the Anker PowerHouse, you can keep your laptop (and any other device, really) charged for days, so you can keep working wherever you are. You get plenty of USB ports and even a full AC outlet and a car socket to plug in your devices.
Turn your HP EliteBook 840 Aero into a gaming rig
Seeing as this is a business laptop, gaming accessories aren’t the biggest focus here. But with Thunderbolt support, you absolutely can turn your HP EliteBook 840 Aero into a gaming PC with some accessories. Here are just some of the things you might need.
- While a mouse and keyboard are also essential for gaming, you can probably get by with other devices on this list. But a controller might really come in handy for some games, and if you want to try cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass, this is the best way to play those games.
If you want to get into gaming without the bulk of external GPUs and monitors, cloud gaming is always an option, too. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can get access to hundreds of games and play them anywhere through the cloud. Any laptop, even the HP EliteBook 840 Aero, can be used for gaming this way, and the Xbox Wireless Controller is the only accessory you’ll need.
With all of these accessories or only some of them, you can make your experience with the HP EliteBook 840 Aero that much better. Whether you’re working at the office or on the road, there are always ways to make your laptop work better for you. Even gaming is possible on this laptop, and you can choose how you’d rather do it — via cloud gaming or by adding an external GPU.
Accessories make the HP EliteBook 840 Aero extremely versatile, but it’s already a fantastic laptop on its own. You get plenty of configuration options for its specs, and it’s a lightweight laptop you can take anywhere. You can buy it using the link below, or check out our roundup of the best HP laptops if you’re still looking at other options.