These are the best cases for OnePlus 9: Spigen, Caseology, Foluu and more
After months of hype and teasing, the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are officially here. Both smartphones offer substantial improvements over their predecessor, including more capable cameras, faster chipset, improved designs, and faster charging. Although the OnePlus 9 Pro undoubtedly stole the press limelight, the standard OnePlus 9 is no slouch in itself. It offers a 6.55-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, Qualcomm’s top-of-the-line Snapdragon 888 chipset, up to 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, a triple camera setup headed by a 48MP Sony IMX689 sensor, a 4,500mAh battery with 65W fast charging support and more.
As always, OnePlus is tossing in a basic case inside the box to provide a basic means of protection against drops and scratches. However, it’s always a good idea to invest in a case that offers more protection and a little bit of style. To help you find the best case for your new OnePlus 9, we have hand-picked some of the best options available on the market. Our picks cover everything from premium to budget-friendly offerings and everything in between.
- Look, we get it, you already spent a fortune on a shiny OnePlus 9 and don’t want to empty your wallet on a fancy case. But that doesn’t mean you should settle with that clear case that comes inside the box. OnePlus’ official Sandstone Bumper TPU cover is not only reasonably priced, it also provides great in-hand feeling and reassuring grip with its classic sandstone texture.
- If the ultimate protection is what you’re after, OnePlus’ signature Karbon Protective Case is your best bet. Made with aramid fiber material, this case provides the best of both worlds: added protection and a thin, lightweight profile. The case is raised around the rear camera bump for extra cushion and the black stripes running on the back gives it a timeless look.
- If OnePlus’ Karbon Protective Case is too expensive for you, you might want to check out this Spigen Tough Armor case. Made out of TPU and Polycarbonate, the case has lifted edges around the camera and screen for added protection along with a reinforced kickstand which lets you enjoy your favorite show hands-free. It also has the company’s Air Cushion technology for shock resistance.
- With a thickness of just 0.11mm, the Spigen Liquid Air Armor offers the perfect slim and lightweight profile that easily slides in and out of your jeans pocket. It has a textured back with anti-slip matte surface which ensures a comfortable hand grip and resistance against fingerprints.
- Spigen Ultra Hybrid features a transparent polycarbonate back and flexible TPU bumper, allowing you to show off the beautiful color scheme of your OnePlus 9 as much as you want while also protecting against bumps and drops. It also has pronounced buttons and a raised lip to protect your display and rear camera bump.
- If you’re in a mood to try out something bold, the Caseology Parallax is definitely worth a look. Its tactile 3D design stands out from the crowd and you can pick between two stylish colors: Ash Grey and Midnight Blue. The dual-layered case is made out of hard polycarbonate and soft TPU and is drop-test certified.
- Besides being one of the cheapest OnePlus 9 cases around, the Foluu Liquid Silicone Bumper case also protects your camera and display with a slightly raised lip. It’s made out of high-grade liquid silicone material and can easily withstand shocks and accidental drops. What’s more? it’s also compatible with Qi wireless charging pads.
These are the best cases you can grab for your OnePlus 9 right now. If you want the best compatibility, OnePlus’ official cases are your best bet. Our personal favorite is the OnePlus Karbon Protective Case which not only looks good but also provides solid protection. The classic OnePlus Sandstone Bumper case is also a great option if you’re looking for something minimalistic with a touch of class. We also have some excellent options from Spigen in the form of Spigen Tough Armor, Spigen Liquid Air Armor, and Spigen Ultra Hybrid, all of which are fairly priced and very well built. If you’re tight on budget, PULEN’s TPU case is our top pick under $10.
We’ll continue to update this list with many more cases as and when they become available, so be sure to check back.
What do you think about these cases? Let us know in the comments below.