These are the best cases for the Surface Pro X: UAG, Fintie, and more
The Surface Pro X is one of the most unique devices in Microsoft’s lineup. For one thing, it’s the only Windows PC Microsoft makes that’s powered by ARM processors. That gives it benefits like instant wake, always-on connectivity, and more battery efficiency. It also has the more modern design among the Surface Pro line. It’s thin, light, and has smaller bezels than the Surface Pro 7. All in all, it’s one of the best Surface devices available right now. Of course, it’s a big investment so if you buy a Surface Pro X, you’ll probably want to protect it with a case.
As it’s a premium device and Microsoft’s Surface family is fairly straightforward, it’s actually quite easy to find cases for the Surface Pro X. It also helps it’s a tablet, so it’s easier to make a proper case than for a traditional laptop. We’ve rounded up some of the best cases you can get for the Surface Pro X to help you make your choice. Most of these attach to your tablet and let you use it even when the case is on.
- This folio-style case comes with a nice PU leather finish on the outside and a soft microfiber touch on the inside to keep your Surface Pro X safe. You can use it with the Type Cover, and it has cutouts for all the ports and cameras so everything works normally.
- This is another folio-type cover that wraps around your Surface Pro X. The exterior is fabric, and it has cutouts for the ports and cameras, plus a loop for the Surface Pen. You can get it in a few different colors, which is nice if you want something a bit more personal.
- This case actually lets you use the Surface Pro X as a tablet, and it offers tough protection against drops. It has its own 180-degree hinge so you can still use it more like a laptop, and cutouts for all the ports you need. Plus it lets the tablet's design shine through somewhat.
- Some of us use our PCs in more dangerous environments, and if you need extra protection, this Kensington case is here for that. It's a thick rugged case that should protect your tablet from the hardest drops, and it includes a strap to hold the Type Cover in place, so your screen is also protected if you drop it.
- UAG is a well-known name when it comes to rugged cases, and the Plasma series for Surface Pro X doesn't disappoint. It's big, bulky, and ultra-tough, but still functional. It has its own kickstand, pen holder, hand strap, and a shoulder strap so you can easily take it anywhere you go.
- The Kinmac Protective Laptop Sleeve has a lot of elements to ensure that your Surface Pro X is safe from bumps and scratches, but that's not all that makes it unique. It has a ton of different designs to choose from, including subdued and more out-there styles. You're sure to find something you like.
No matter what kind of protection you’re looking for, there’s probably something for you on this list. There are more functional cases, which let you use the Surface Pro X as usual, like the ProCase Surface Pro X Case. Even the rugged hard cases like the Kensington BlackBelt still let you use the tablet as normal, which is great.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something along the lines of a bag, there are options for that too. The Londo Genuine Leather Sleeve looks stunning, but if you want something more affordable, the HYZUO Laptop Sleeve also looks surprisingly good for its price. Regardless, there are many options at many different price ranges, so you’re surely going to find something you like here.
If you’re interested, you can buy the Surface Pro X from the link below. Otherwise, you can check out our list of the best laptops you can buy today to see all of your options. All the laptops on that list can be upgraded to Windows 11, but if you want to find even more about that, check out our list of all the PCs that can be upgraded to the new OS when it releases.