Cannibal Open Touch is a Feature-Rich Custom Recovery for Multiple Devices
When there’s mention of custom recoveries for Android, ClockworkMod is one of the first names that comes to mind. In the past, we had AmonRa recovery, which still retains several faithful followers. Lately, TWRP has emerged as another excellent custom recovery that many have started to favor over CWM due to a larger feature set and killer interface.
COT (Cannibal Open Touch) is a new recovery aiming to bring some of the best features from other options in a single package. The project comes courtesy of XDA Forum Members Drew Walton (Project Head), thenameisnigel, and Sblood86.
The current feature list of COT includes:
- Support for both Edify and Amend scripting allows flashing all ROMs
- Theme support
- Get out of recovery boot loops
- Touch screen button controls
- Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups
- GooManager support
- Internal e2fsprogs for size
- Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
- Advanced Backup
- Delete old backups
- Persistent settings
- User-defined backup locations
- ADB Sideload
- Touchscreen calibration
COT recovery v2.1 is currently available for the following devices:
Development is planned to bring COT recovery to other devices soon, starting with Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S III and the Barnes & Noble Nook Color. You can learn more and download the appropriate recovery for your device using the links provided above.