ChainFire’s ADB Magic
There are many commands that can be used on ADB. Many of them, in fact, are repeated from one process to the next. So, to avoid repetition and to make this a little more user friendly, XDA Senior moderator Chainfire has just released version 0.8 of his application. This is basically a feature-rich, and quasi automated ADB replacement. The program is very useful and mostly functional. However, it is in beta stage, and as such the dev would like to have some feedback on any bugs found. So, please make sure you drop by the thread and leave some feedback.
- (also root) Explorer
- View / Edit files directly in Notepad (optionally converting dos<->unix newlines)
- Retrieve / add / replace files
- Rename / delete/ chmod/ chown / checksum
- New directory / symlink
- Locate (find all filenames matching a certain string)
- ADB shell
- ADB logcat
- ADB (command log)
- Install package (system copy, user copy, ADB install, with or without ODEX, etc)
- List / backup / remove user and system packages
You can find more information in the application thread.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.