CM 7.1 Released For A Bunch Of Devices
For those of you who follow the incredibly popular AOSP project also known as Cyanogenmod, you will be happy to hear that today, the CM team released the highly anticipated CM 7.1. The beauty of the latest incarnation of CM is that it incorporates a large array of devices not supported before, including but not limited to the Sony Ericsson family of devices (Neo, Play, etc). On top of that, this latest release comes loaded with what many believe will be one of the last iterations of Gingerbread, Android 2.3.7. There are other additions and fixes, such as BT mouse support, screenshot via power menu, tethering via Bluetooth, and–a personal favorite–a way to shut down the camera shutter button. Needless to say, these features are only a handful of a much larger list of updates and fixes. According to the Cyanogenmod website, this may be the final release before the team moves on to bigger and better things, namely CM9.
Please take it for a spin if you were thinking about changing your current rom and make sure that you leave any and all feedback, so that the respective keeper of the device can report/fix the bug(s).
- Common: Android 2.3.7 (Google)
- Common: Bluetooth mouse support – Scott Brady
- Common: Improve notification swipe-to-clear – Evan Charlton
- Common: Improve album-artist support in media scanner – Paul Crovella
- Common: Profile improvements and bugfixes – Martin Long, Danny Baumann, Robert Burns
- Common: RTL text improvements – Eyad Aboulouz, Eran Mizrahi
- Common: Wake on volume key option – Sven Dawitz
- Common: Support for revoking application permissions – Plamen K. Kosseff
- Common: Latest Superuser app – ChainsDD
- Common: Control brightness by sliding on statusbar – Danesh M
- Common: Add “copy all” to context menu – Danesh M
You can find more information and the whole changelog here. As for the CM threads on xda, please look in your device section to find the latest updates and list of changes related to your specific device.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.
Thanks kernelpan1c for the tip!