Customize the Pixel Launcher on the Google Pixel 5 with Pixel Launcher Editor [Root]
The Pixel Launcher Editor is a combination of a Magisk module and Substratum theme that lets Pixel users build their own custom theme for the stock launcher on their devices. The mod was created by XDA Senior Member eg1122, and it’s already available for the Pixel 3/3 XL, Pixel 3a/3a XL, Pixel 4/4 XL, and the Pixel 4a. And even though it’s just been slightly over a month since Google officially unveiled the Pixel 5, the developer has now released the mod for the company’s latest flagship.
For those of you who haven’t used the Pixel Launcher Editor on an older Pixel device, the mod essentially lets you build your own unique theme for the Pixel Launcher and apply it to your device with Substratum. It offers a bunch of customization options, including:
- Change the app grid layout in the home screen and app drawer (4×5 to 7×8)
- Remove 3 button navigation bar
- Customize or remove the Google search bar from the home screen & app drawer
- Change the app drawer text color (20+ colors)
- Change the app drawer background (20+ colors)
- Add up to 11 app icons in the dock
- Change the folder text color (20+ colors)
- Change the folder background color (20+ colors)
- Change app icon size (from 36 to 72 in increments of 2)
- Change home text color (20+ colors)
- Change folder trim color (20+ colors)
- Change text size (from 11 to 18) or remove it entirely
- Hide the at a glance widget
Using the aforementioned features in the Pixel Launcher Editor, you can create various custom themes for the Google Pixel 5. As you can see in the screenshots, the mod offers a variety of settings and color options to help you customize the launcher exactly to your preference.
Do note that since the Pixel Launcher Editor makes use of Magisk and Substratum, you will need to root your device for it to work successfully. Once you have rooted your Pixel 5, check the forum thread below for the installation instructions. In case you find the written instructions hard to follow, you can check out this video to see how to set it all up.