Download: Developers release modded Google Camera 8.1 based on Pixel 5’s camera app
The Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G launched with a new version of the Google Camera app (v8.0) that included a new UI and a couple of new features. The new UI and features then made their way to older Pixel devices last month with Google Camera 8.1. The update also included a new “Storage Saver” mode to help users take more photos and videos on their devices. Now, developers have released a modded version of Google Camera 8.1 that brings all of these features and changes to non-Pixel devices.
The latest Google Camera mod comes from XDA Senior Member Urnyx05, and it’s based on Google Camera 8.1.008. As a result, it gives you access to all of the new features and UI changes introduced with the official release, along with the new Storage Saver mode. Here’s the complete changelog for the latest GCam mod:
- Added all the fixes necessary for the first start
- Added Color Transform to fix saturation on devices with dull colors
- Added an option to disable tracking focus
- Added an option to disable motion photos
- Added OPModes to fix EIS
- Added buttons in the drop-down menu to enable/disable AWB
- Disabled Sabre on unsupported sensors
- Added an option to choose between Pixel 2, Pixel 3, IMX586 and IMX686 AWB
- Improved colors on Mi Note 10
- Added an option to disable Synthetic Fill Flash
- Added an option to disable auto night sight on portrait and photo
As mentioned in the announcement post on our forums, the Google Camera 8.1 mod should work on most Pixel and non-Pixel devices. However, it may not work on some Samsung and OnePlus phones, along with a few Snapdragon 845-powered devices from other manufacturers.
If you want to try out the Google Camera 8.1 mod on your device, you can download it from the link below. In case you do give it a go, make sure to leave a comment below with the name of the device you tried it on and your experience with the mod.